any updates on iphone ship dates?
Narco
Enthusiast - Level 2

i ordered my new iphone 6s plus, and as you can imagine, im getting impatient. the ship date is still 10/26. anyone know or does a verizon rep have any info if this is the exact date? will they ship sooner? its ridiculous that apple is not more prepared by having more phones on hand.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: any updates on iphone ship dates?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Narco,

Ordering a new phone & waiting for it to ship can seem like an eternity. You will receive a confirmation email once the device has shipped.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nccu08
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a ship date of 10/26 as well I hope it comes wayyyy sooner

0 Likes
Narco
Enthusiast - Level 2

yeah, me too. hoping they seriously dont make us wait that long, seriously considering going to at&t, theyre telling me they have them in my local stores, trying to give verizon the benefit of the doubt.

Prophetnrl954
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered my iPhone 6s plus Space Grey this past weekend for my birthday and I'm getting the same ship date as you all. This is my first iPhone and am very excited but also want it right away as it is my birthday gift. I did some research and it seems like the hold up is for two reasons. One is the popularity of the Rose Gold color. More people are wanting the Rose Gold than any other color. The second reason is the 6s Plus. There is a component specific to the plus model that is short in supply. Apple had to go to another manufacturer to get this part in faster than the original supply can produce them to be able to complete assembly of each plus device. This is not 100 percent fact just what I have read online. Hopefully this other company produces a part that is equal or better than the original part that goes in to the phone. As a loyal galaxy and note user who never experienced a backorder before I am going out on a limb with Apple. But I don't blame Verizon for this, because it is obviously not the fault of them.

Gogoplata1980
Enthusiast - Level 1

It may not be Verizon's fault, however, if it isn't their fault, why is AT&T and other carriers able to provide quick turn around on their orders?

BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

All the other carriers are getting iPhone 6s Plus in stores accept Verizon. I went to my local store they told me China is getting all the iPhone 6s Plus devices because they have a higher demand. Big red tell me why T-Mobile, Sprint and AT&T has the 6s plus.  big red has made Apple made. You can get a 6s plus only if you order it offline

nnj155
Enthusiast - Level 2

We all accept that it takes time to fill back orders, however, the standard response of "You'll get an email when it ships now hurry up and wait" is getting a little stale. We all understand that there is high demand and that leads to issues filling orders and, as someone else in this thread stated, that Apple may be having issues with components. We get it, those things impact the time it takes for us to get our devices. At this point though I feel like there are a lot of people who would be happy hearing literally any kind of update. Heck, I'd settle for a "Sorry, we're working on it." I don't think anyone is looking for special treatment but you could at tell us why it is the way it is.

Prophetnrl954
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everyone has valid points. We all placed orders and are waiting for devices and waiting with no word makes the situation worse. I work in customer service and used to work for t-mobile but they didn't and wouldn't carry the iPhone then because they were pushing android devices at that time. When I ordered my phone I received several text messages about accepting terms and conditions as well as order information. Usin that same system would be great. I've also been peeking around the apple forum and the same discussion is going on there, but noticed a interesting difference between carriers getting phones quickly. They mentioned that Verizon and sprint use CDMA networks and AT&T and t-mobile are GSM networks and iPhone are able to put out those devices quicker that the more advanced networks of verizon. Has anyone heard of that?

Errol87
Enthusiast - Level 1

I preordered mine on the 12th. It was supposed to ship by today. And it still hasn't shipped yet.