What are my options for upgrading?
firstplacedave

I still have a year left on my current contract (5s.) I've been getting e-mails about up to 400 dollars to trade in towards the new iPhone 6s as well as an e-mail detailing their new easy upgrade payment plans. I really do not want to have my 5s for another long year. Is there any option for me to upgrade this year on their new payment plans without having to pay the full amount of the phone? I've never had any payment problems or anything. Any help would be nice. Thanks everyone.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: What are my options for upgrading?
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like a general mass email.  Typically you must finish your current agreement to begin another one.  You can still try to sell the 5s and put that money onto a full price 6s.

0 Likes
Mimi80
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was actually able to upgrade last week.  I have an iPhone 6 plus that I received last year on release day.  I am still under a 2 year contract and was able to upgrade to an iPhone 6s plus using their new monthly payment plan.  All I had to do was pay the sales tax.  When I receive my new phone I do have to turn in my current iPhone though.  I am patiently waiting for my rose gold 64gb which is on back order until November.  I am in no hurry.  I am just happy that they are allowing me to upgrade early without having to pay full retail for it. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You'll still pay full retail on contract after 24 months.  You pay $40 a month for line access.  New no-contract plans/out of contract lines are $20 a month.  $40 times 24 months is $960.  This is $480 more than no contract.  So, in the end you pay $40 a month on contract with a $40 upgrade fee or you pay $20 line access and ~$20 for the phone payments monthly.

0 Likes