S5 duplicating contacts
Bosdad

My Galaxy S5 keeps duplicating my contacts.  How do I fix it?

0 Likes
Re: S5 duplicating contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bosdad-

You have such a great phone and we certainly want things to work correctly with your device. When did you first notice your contacts were duplicating? Does it happen when you backup your contacts through the Cloud app? Please share more details with us.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bosdad

I first noticed it with the last update that I download from Verizon.  It does duplicate the contacts if I do a backup.  I have tried to delete from the cloud hoping it would delete from my contacts in my phone with no success.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sounds like you have some excellent instincts . Deleteing contacts from the cloud is a great place to start. You would need to manually delete the duplicates from your phone as well. Lets look into this a little further, do you have your phone backed up in more than one place? Like the Verizon Cloud & Google (for example)?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bosdad

As far as I know the cloud only. My phone will not do manual deletes of my

contacts. When I press A contact It Says No Information found.

On Oct 6, 2015 8:49 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bosdad,

We definitely don't want this duplication to continue. Just to verify, you are seeing the duplicate contacts, but when selecting them, so you can delete, you get an error "No Information Found"? 

SandyS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bosdad

Correct

On Oct 8, 2015 9:18 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details, Bosdad. Do you have any application that may link to your contacts? ( ie, Facebook )
YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
Bosdad

no.

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 11:42 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

All the extra contacts would drive me crazy too Bosdad. Let's see what we can do to stop this from happening. If you delete them from the Cloud, do they show up in the trash can online to permanently delete? Click here to log in and view: http://spr.ly/6582B3JNu. Have you checked to see if the contacts are stored in another backup like Google?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes