Has anyone received a promo code to trade in old iPhone?
rousea
Enthusiast - Level 3

I pre-ordered my 6s at a Verizon store on 9/12 and received it on 9/25. I activated it on 9/28. I was told I would receive a text/email within 1-5 business days to trade in my 5s and get a $300 credit. I was also told I could bring my phone to the store and would not have to mail it.

I haven't received my promo code yet. I know I'm still within the 5-day window, but I'm just curious if anyone else has received their code. If so, how soon after activating?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has anyone received a promo code to trade in old iPhone?
rousea
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello everyone,

I am the original poster for this thread. I activated my 6s on 9/28 and I have now received my promo code (email last night and text today).

I thought of you still waiting could use this for comparison.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DR2015

Did you go thru the process and answer all the questions about your phone condition etc? I got my text a few days after ordering. I just received the return box and instructions in the mail yesterday and returned it today. I don't have the text anymore.

0 Likes
rousea
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not mailing mine in. I'm trading in my 5s at the store. The manager there said I would receive a text/email within 5 days of activating my new phone and then I could bring in my 5s and trade it in there. I called today to confirm that I could trade it in at the store and didn't have to mail it in and he said yes, that was accurate. He said it's taking the full 5 days to get the promo code due to Verizon having over 100,000 pre-orders.

0 Likes
melrose107

I did not get mine yet either and I activated on 9/25.  It's been over 5 days (weekend included).  Anyone else still in this boat?

0 Likes
rousea
Enthusiast - Level 3

melrose107,

I read another thread where someone activated their phone on the same day as you and she just got her promo code last night, so I'm sure yours will be coming very soon.

0 Likes
melrose107

Thank you, that's helpful to know! I'll wait a few days before I ask

Verizon Smiley Happy

0 Likes
brs028

Activated two phones on 9/25 and we are still waiting on promo codes as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Melrose107, have no fear, the promotion codes are still on their way. Given the higher than expected sales volume, I know that they are taking a bit longer than originally expected. As I know that I would love to help you get this off of your worry list, we do have a number to reach the trade in team at 800-416-8894. To ensure that you receive that valuable code, simply reach out to this line so that we may get you that code today.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rousea
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll wait until Monday before I start to get concerned. As I said in my original post, I activated my phone on 9/28 and Monday will mark the fifth business day and seventh day overall. Honestly, as long as I get it before 10/21, I'm good since that's when my bill is due.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are so incredibly welcome, Melrose107. I hope that you are loving that new phone and please know that we are always here to assist.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes