Data overage/Bill
YukiYuki

Alright so I am on a month to month plan with Verizon.  I payed the first bill in May/June and it was $50. Like they said it would be around. Next June/July paid about $50 again like it was said. Now on to July/August  I was billed $107 ! I checked the view bill section and I do remember using a bit of data overage from my 1gig allowance. So I paid for that. Now this months September bill is $182.69!!! How  in the heck could it get that high . Knowing data was an issue I decided that after my allowance was up I turn off data. I also know that for every 500mb used in overage it adds an additional $15 dollar per amount. This month I had used 845mb. And I looked at my view bill again. It's saying that $135 in data is billed to me!!! I'm on a fixed income with a family to support and by God for a phone plan to cost as much as my sons needed items?! Barely making rent last month?!! its ridiculous...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data overage/Bill
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Are you a new Verizon customer? What plan did you sign up for? Did you bring your own device?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

YukiYuki, I know how important it is to have a reasonable wireless bill. Having a bills that are much hight than you expect can be upsettings. I want to make sure that we get a chance to look over the details to make sure we keep you within your families budget. I have requested to follow you. I have also sent you a Direct message. Can you please respond back to me there? This was we can get more specifics. I'm looking forward to working with you.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
teppie

I have had the same problem with Verizon for the past 2 months and this month they added 2 overage charges which totaled $30.  On Sept. 18, I received text message stating that I had gone over my 10 gb plan. Then on 9/20, I received text stating that I had "used nearly 1 GB more than 10GB data in your plan (cycle ends on 20th)".  And when I get bill it is showing additional $15.  When I called to inquire, they said I used 1.1 GB extra.  Ok, my cycle ended on 9/20 so I go from "nearly used"  to being over...doesn't make sense.  Then when I spoke to "Tony, customer service manager from Greenville, SC, he was very rude and was speaking over me.  You know what, I've been saying for years I was going to switch to AT&T, Sprint, or T-Mobile but haven't done so because Verizon has fewer dropped calls, but guess what, I would rather have dropped calls than to continue to deal with the lies, unethical practices, etc put forth by Verizon.  The managers never call you about the bad reviews you give them because they don't care.  I am going to take advantage of the other service providers buying out my contract with Verizon because I am tired of their practices! 

Also, a month ago, one of the customer service reps tried to get me to customize my plan by switching to 12 GB and only paying for 10.  It sounded so good and he acted as if this was a good thing to do but the problem is, you will be paying monthly for a phone for two years which means you are paying full price for a phone ...where is the savings? Please stop verizon!!!!!            

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Data is not reported immediately. When you received notification that you had used a certain % of your data, it didn't take into account any data you may have used in the last 6 to 12 hours; longer if you were in an extended area of coverage. It's why when they tell you you're at a certain % it's good to dial back and check your My Verizon to see where you're really at or switch over to Wi-Fi.

All the phone companies are switching to paying full price for the phone. What's happened is you're now paying full price for the phone and your line access fee of $40 is now $20. When you do the math it does end up saving you around $200 each line over the course of 2 years. That's where the savings is.

0 Likes
teppie

They should not have emailed me and said I was nearly over. Being over is

not the same as nearly over.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can also utilize the my Verizon app and see what your usage is at. It will tell you the last time it was updated that way you can also keep in mind how much data you have used between the last time stamp and the moment you look at it.

0 Likes