Backup Assistant Plus lost network connection (36). Please try again.
Faurodroid2

I keep getting this notification on my phone (S4 running Android 5.0.1 VRUGOF1). Forcing Backup Assistant Plus to stop and clearing the cache has no effect. Updating Verizon cloud has no effect. I am not actively using any cloud or backup service, and these notifications keep appearing. @

I saw that this was posted previously, but the "answer" given did not solve the problem. Surely I cannot be the only person with this issue.

How can I stop the notifications or uninstall Backup Assistant Plus?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup Assistant Plus lost network connection (36). Please try again.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Faurodroid2,

Thanks so much for getting back in touch with us with more information. I also am not a fan of phones wanting to do their own thing. I'm sure we can get this resolved together. Most likely, you're going to need to disable the application based on what you're saying. I'll provide the link below that's going to have the steps on how to do this. Since you're not using these services, you'll want to go into your app manager and look for three possible apps. Verizon Cloud( may just say Cloud), Backup Assistant, and Sync Service. All of these should have a red or red & white icon. Try disabling any of these that is showing. Keep in mind that not all of these will appear. Let us know if that does the trick. http://vz.to/1JNkUFL

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Faurodroid2, I appreciate you reaching out to ask for help with stopping or uninstalling Backup Assiastant. Let me look closer into this inquiry. You mentioned you saw a answer given previously. However to avoid confusion, can you give the answer you saw that did not help you? This way we can avoid any confusion on what you saw when we present a possible solution.
EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Faurodroid2

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for responding so quickly.

I searched for this problem before and found 3 instances here on the forum with one referring to installing Verizon Cloud.

These are the previous instances:

Backup Assistant Plus not working properly after update I545VRUGOF1

"Backup Assistant Plus has lost network connection. Please try again."

backup assistant plus lost network connection(36). please try again.

As per these links I tried everything suggested, including forcing stop and clearing cache for both Backup Assistant Plus as well as Sync Service. Cloud version 15.2.30.1 is currently installed. The phone has been turned off and turned on again multiple times since this has started happening. I do not have a timeline for when it began because I had previously dismissed the notices as a minor event, but it has become a daily annoyance.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Faurodroid2,

Looks like you have done quite a bit of homework already and this is definitely appreciated. Please place the phone in Safe Mode http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s4-reset/#restart-in-safe-mode , could you advise if you continue to see this error pop up in this mode?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Faurodroid2

Screenshot_2015-10-02-19-21-48.png

0 Likes
Faurodroid2

Screenshot_2015-10-04-07-11-02.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Faurodroid2,

Thanks so much for getting back in touch with us with more information. I also am not a fan of phones wanting to do their own thing. I'm sure we can get this resolved together. Most likely, you're going to need to disable the application based on what you're saying. I'll provide the link below that's going to have the steps on how to do this. Since you're not using these services, you'll want to go into your app manager and look for three possible apps. Verizon Cloud( may just say Cloud), Backup Assistant, and Sync Service. All of these should have a red or red & white icon. Try disabling any of these that is showing. Keep in mind that not all of these will appear. Let us know if that does the trick. http://vz.to/1JNkUFL

EricW_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Faurodroid2

Hi Eric,

I was able to find these services, but not all of them had the option to disable.

Here are the screen shots of the progress:

Backup Assistant Plus sm.png

Cloudsm.png

Sync SVCsm.png

Has development for the Galaxy S4 been abandoned? Is there a coming update to fix this problem so that regular backups through the Cloud service can resume without having Backup Assistant Plus posting notifications? How about just deleting BAP?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Faurodroid2

Thank you for checking on that for us. On a small number of devices, the change over from Back Up Assistance to the new Verizon Cloud did not go as smoothly as was needed. The result are the error you are experiencing. There is an easy fix to this. All that is needed is to back up the phone using Verizon Cloud and then performing a full master reset to the device. This will allow the software issues to work themselves out. Below are the links on how to perform these steps.

Backup: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-cloud/
Reset: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s4-reset/ (Erase all content and settings - device on
(ID 77507) )

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes