Report poor coverage
PghCmu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like a few others who have posted discussions, I have poor coverage at my house despite the promise shown in Verizon's coverage maps.  Because coverage has noticeably worsened in the past month, I am hoping that the problem can be repaired.  What steps do I take to address this coverage issue at such an important location for my lifestyle?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Report poor coverage
Snn5
Legend

Call customer service and begin a network troubleshooting ticket.

0 Likes
PghCmu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just tried, but none of the menu options fit this problem.  Verizon system hung up on me because I ended up pressing "0" instead of the two options (neither of which fit).  Possibly I have the wrong Verizon customer service number - if you know what number to call, please share. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Customer Service

(800) 922-0204

or dial *611 from your mobile phone

You are looking for Technical Assistance.  Option 4 I believe after choosing English.

0 Likes
PghCmu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turns out that Verizon isn't delivering the 4G service to my area, despite the Verizon map's claims.  By their own definitions they are providing adequate service to justify their claims, but they fall short of my standard of being able to talk on the phone.  As for the maps they use to pull in customers, these online maps aren't precise enough to take account of signal quality in neighborhoods. 

Verizon's only suggested solution is for me to buy additional equipment, a network extender.  Verizon would be happy to sell me this equipment.  It seems odd to me that I will need to pay Verizon additional money because their service doesn't live up to their sales promise.  What is also odd is that I formerly was able to make phone calls in my house, and yet Verizon has no answer for why their service has degraded in the past month. 

Clearly, I'm a good candidate to switch providers.  I'd prefer for Verizon to fix the issue so that I don't need to switch, because i'm not looking to switch. Since it would be nice to talk on the phone at the places where I am most frequently located, like my house, I need to find a provider that provides the minimal service required. 

bobbyva

My wife and I bought a lot in a waterfront community in northeastern North Carolina about 5 years ago. We have never had coverage in this area. We've requested they expand their services many times over the past 5 years but nothing has been done. We will be moving to our new home next month and are now dealing with a major problem... do we cancel our service and pay the astronomical cancellation fees, or do we continue to beg for better service and buy another phone with another carrier just to use at home? Verizon should have better options for people like us who simply can not use the services they're paying for when they move and can not get reliable coverage.

On another note, Verizon does not hesitate to offer you a signal booster that "may" work for a non refundable +$200. That's a joke. If Verizon want's to keep a 10+ years customers business, they should offer this equipment at no charge, or at least for a trail period.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Staying with the same carrier for over 10 years is amazing, especially with the fierce competition out there, bobbyva. Reliable service isn't much to ask for. Rest assured, we're always seeking to provide service to more areas. While this is our goal, we are sometimes met with roadblocks in the form of legal and governmental channels. The good news is that we do allow a trial period on the network extender, as the 14 day worry free guarantee you get on your phones also is applicable to network extenders. As long as you have cable broadband or DSL internet, you can expect outstanding signal in your new home.

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bobbyva

Thank you for the response. We will not have broadband or dsl. Are there

other options?

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 2:38 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bobbyva,

Your service reliability is important to us. However, our network extender does require a internet connection in order to boost the signal in your home. You can purchase other devices that may help with signal quality, but we only have one option available. Here are some secondary options that you can look into if interested http://amzn.to/1Q3Wu2e.
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rhondarnne

I have terrible coverage. My calls drop most of the time. I can drive 4 miles north and have 4 bars. There is a viaero and US cellular towers just put up by me. Think its time to change carrier.

0 Likes