Certain apps not supported on Droid Turbo?
Faeleona
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just "upgraded" to a Droid Turbo last week and I  have had issues with several frequently used apps ever since.  When downloading my favorite apps onto my new phone, several give me the message that my "device is not compatible with this version".

Specifically I'm having issues with Instagram,  Hearthstone and Snapchat. I had these all on my previous android device  (which was two years old) and they all worked just fine. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a way for me to still have these apps or am I out of luck? I never would have thought that upgrading would leave me with FEWER options and features.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Certain apps not supported on Droid Turbo?
Faeleona
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you all for your responses. The issue was with the phone itself.  I spent two hours in the Verizon store yesterday getting the issues resolved.

It turns out that something had gone wrong with the initial set up of my phone and it was affecting app compatibility. We did a factory reset and everything is working great now. It took several very confused customer service reps and a lot of trial and error but they finally solved the mystery.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Get the developers to update their respective apps. There is no real major changes that would make it incompatible.

0 Likes
Faeleona
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess I'm very confused on how that works. Snapchat did just update last week and yet, the update isn't available on my phone. Additionally with Instagram, I run 5.1 on my phone and the app won't install. However, my old phone was 5.0 and that worked just fine. My boyfriend has 5.1.1 and has no trouble installing the app. So these apps are working on other androids both older and newer than mine.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's how Google has their portals.

Some has this selective install. For example Samsung own devices have a selective install on their own factory apps that are updated through the play store. You may have the latest version, but on a different upgrade patch. They may have erroneously did this for the Turbo version and shouldn't have its own path.

For the app that won't install what error message are you getting?

0 Likes
Faeleona
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I go into the Play Store it just tells me that it's not compatible with my device and won't let me install.

I'm still within my 14 day exchange window. Is it best to wait it out and see if an update comes along for these apps or is that unlikely? I'm ready to just cut my losses and exchange the Turbo for a new device that will actually run the apps that I use.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Did you send an email to instagram?

0 Likes
Faeleona
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did contact customer support on Friday and have not heard back. I was just curious if other Turbo users have run into similar problems and if there was a solution. I haven't found any other forum posts about these issues and if it is indeed an issue with the apps, I can't possibly be the only person with a Turbo who is experiencing this issue.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

When I head to work on Monday I can ask coworkers if they have this problem. They may or may not use the apps you are having problems with.

Can you list which apps you are having trouble with?

No I do not work for Verizon if you are wondering. 🙂

Did you already have these apps setup prior to upgrading the OS?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have the Droid Turbo, running Android 5.1.  I also have Instagram installed, v. 7.7.0 and it's working (new update installed 9-23-15)....I don't use SnapChat or Hearthstone, so I can't advise on those. 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also, if I go to the Playstore and try to install either SnapChat or Hearthstone, it shows as being available to install - again, my Turbo is running Android 5.1.  The Playstore is v. 5.9.12 if that helps.

0 Likes