How long does Verizon keep records of calls?
dirtynbpl

I am trying to find a number I have not had/used for about a year. Ive been through a few phones since and was wondering how far back verizon keeps the record of calls/texts? Or anyone know a way to retrieve that number? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How long does Verizon keep records of calls?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can log onto your account at MyVerizon, and go back 1 year for your past bills and call details.  At one year, they are pdf files so it may be tedious to go through, but the call details are there.  If you don't already have an account, go to verizonwireless.com and create an account with the primary number (if this is a family plan).  Then go to My Bill, and use the date drop down to go back to the archived bills.

HTH,

0 Likes
dirtynbpl

Does it only go back as far as one year? The last time I used the number for sure was March 22 2008. Anyway  I can retrieve my old contact lists from past phones?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Contact lists? No, there's no way to retrieve those unless you used Backup Assistant, but then, you'd still have those contacts.  If you still have the phones, and the battery works, you can still see the old contact lists, but the aren't stored anywhere online.

And I just checked my archives, I can only go back to September of '08, so one year, and a little more, as the Sept. bill will contain calls made in August of '08.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

You can call and request an archived bill copy. In most cases the archived bills are available for 2 or more years, but it'll cost you about $5 per bill copy!

0 Likes