Galaxy S3
BigRock50

Keeps restarting boots all of the way up then shuts off and restarts. and it just keeps doing this over and over until I take the battery out.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BigRock50,

Oh no! This certainly isn't the way that we want your phone to operate. When did this start happening?
ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S3
mozzeratti

Hi Big Rock50. I had the same problems with my Samsung Galaxy 3 this week as well. I went to a Verizon Wireless store yet they were simi helpful. Although they had informed me it was an issue with Samsung updates, they really didn’t do anything to get my phone working.

I finally got my Samsung Galaxy 3 working and this is what I did.

Step 1- Check your battery. Here is a YouTubevideo which may help if you are not sure how to check your battery to see if it is damaged. If battery is fine, proceed to Step 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rm0L_eh0wY

Step 2 - After checking your battery, here is the tricky part because you might have to do this a few times  very quickly to keep your phone on. From the top of the home page, do a quick scroll until you see the MENU with Wifi, Location,etc. Locate the “Airplane Mode” icon and click it until the “Airplane Mode” is on to activate the feature. Once you do this, this will keep your phone on however it will temporarily disable all your calls, texts, and data service.

Step 3 - Once you set your phone on “Airplane Mode”, in the same MENU area , locate the Wifi icon and turn it on. What will help activating the Wifi is accessing it through your home internet network or if you do not have a wifi network available, you can access free Wifi at any Starbucks, McDonald’s, and a variety of free wifi networks.

Step 4- In the same MENU area, click on the Setting icon (*) and go to System Manager then Software Update ( which will be located in the “more” of the menu . Then click  on software Update and it will prompt you to Software Update and click “ok”.

Step 6 - Once the Software Update window closes, you should be able to see a strange icon up towards the top of the “Menu” which looks likes an arrow pointing down or something close to it. This icon will contain updates you may need for your phone. You can decide which updates you need - I choose the Samsung Link and Google Store App for my updates. If you can not select these updates from this location, close out this area and go directly to the app for Google Store App to locate your updates.

Step 7 - When you are done with your updates, log off the “Airplane Mode” (this will turn “on”  your phone service  for all your calls, texts, and data service) and then log off the “Wifi” ( check Step 2 and 3 if you need help locating these icons).

Step 8 - Reboot your phone by powering it off then select “restart.”

Hopefully this works for you because it seemed to work for me. If this doesn’t work, you can check out this link for Samsung Galaxy 3  for cellphone turning itself off.

http://www.sebertech.com/2013/02/how-to-fix-samsung-galaxy-s3-that-shuts.html

0 Likes