fbmxadmax.com
Sethc1020
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep getting a pop up on my galaxy s5 that says that Google has detected a serious virus on my phone that my affect my credit card, Facebook and other information and to please upgrade now to fix the issue.  The message has a web address of fbmxadmax.com.  I feel like this is probably the virus and if I click on install my phone will get infected.  I have run my other security apps I have like 360 and it never finds any viruses.  Anyone know anything about this pop up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: fbmxadmax.com
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sethc1020, I apologize to hear you are going through this experience and your security is very important to us. This doesn't sound like something an appliation would request and I wouldn't put any credit card infomration. Is this message coming up on the browser? When did this issue start?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sethc1020
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens at least once a day, usually when I haven't been on my phone for a while right after I unlock it.  This message pops up and the fbmxadmax.come is at the top of the screen like its a web-page.  Its been happening for a few weeks now and I can't think of anything I've downloaded except the draftkings app but Im pretty sure this was happening before I downloaded the app.  I've also been getting pop ups that look like facebook saying that I've been chosen to receive a gift or I've won a prize or something like that.  It usually happens just like the other pop up I've been getting, right after I unlock my phone.

0 Likes
AZ49ersGuy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem on my Note 5. This is the full website that pulls upfbmxadmax.com/sgvbiw6sboanabfvuwihdzihf/mnzb1i/back.php?brd=Samsung&mod=Galaxy Note 5&brw=Chrome Mobile&ts=tfx03&var1=eeeb9da2-c3ea-4860&var2=54ec6cc35be9e633607c0cb0&var3=&cs=bs2d&voluumdata=vid..00000005-4842-47b1-8000-000000000000__vpid..c865c800-5c2f-11e5-8466-f87d3288e50b__caid..1e2c8d34-e03e-48db-aebc-5ff3e8a6e784__rt..D__lid..31150ba1-30b3-4e16-9796-96d8e1b7d021__oid1..1752a90a-531f-40e8-8c8b-65a746340219__oid2..905116d6-c4ba-436b-b110-776a9a4cd83e__var1..eeeb9da2-c3ea-4860__var2..54ec6cc35be9e633607c0cb0__var4..554b1fb065bfb0bb0a8efc41__rd..__aid..__sid..&imp_id=eeeb9da2-c3ea-4860&app_id=54ec6cc35be9e633607c0cb0&campaign_id=554b1fb065bfb0bb0a8efc41

0 Likes
Veloquin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Chances are good all that you are describing are from the app you mentioned, or also one previously installed. ( you didn't sound sure if it happened before or after installing DraftKings.

Any antivirus app, won't find a virus as one isn't there.

When you install a application from Google Play or the amazon app store, you find the app you would like to install, then click install.  At that point it gives you a long list of permissions for said app.

DraftKings for example:

DEVICE AND APP HISTORY

-retrieve running apps

-read sensitive log data

IDENTITY

-find accounts on this device

-add or remove accounts

CONTACTS

-read your contacts

( there are quite a few more of them really, pages really. Lets get to the one that stood out when looking into it)

OTHERS

-display system level alerts

That one right there, not a odd one at all, but I would fear is at the heart of the problem, or another app just like it.

As being able to display system level alerts isn't a bad thing overall, its part of the notifications you get, but unlike a simple notification a system level alert can take many forms.  From Your connected to blah wifi and the like, to insidious ad and scamming practices, as most of the time the messages will say something along the lines of you stated issues.  Almost like on the web, always scams or rip off schemes.

That being said you have to really watchful of whose or what apps you install.  Just because they have made it into the store doesn't mean they are safe... If they are from a corporation or individual programmer, check into the app.  Use the web for research to see if what you feel is safe enough for you to use.  Security is everyone's issue, but in the end you decide how far you put yourself out there, or what app you trust.

Now I can't say 100% that this is the issue without actually messing about on your phone to check, but at least its a good idea of what could possibly be causing the issue. As a side note, I personally have no affiliation with Verizon or Draftkings, nor any personal grudge against either.  I was just trying to help you find out where this is coming from.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sethc1020, I'm sure getting these pop-ups are becoming most frustrating. Let's get this fixed for you. Veloquin, thanks a bunch for your response, awesome answer. Sethc1020, have you tried putting the phone in safe mode to see if the alerts stop? What were the last few apps downloaded to the device? Let's try safe mode for a few hours to see if this works, if so, you may need to do a complete master reset. http://vz.to/1NFBtLg
NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LittlMommB
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting the same annoying pop-up on a samsung S5.  At random times (closing apps, connecting to WiFi, etc.), a browser screen displays "Your Android is in great danger!" webpage and prompts me to click "Install Now".  The URL behind this page is:

http://fbmxadmax.com/naibauiiopafbafuidbjk2injka9lskn/mcbu7d/v6sxjdu8.php?brd=Samsung&mod=Galaxy%20S...

How do I block this from happening.  I saw three separate threads on Verizon's support site talking about the same thing.  Putting your phone in Safe Mode does not sound like an answer.  I need to remove whatever is causing the browser pop-ups.

Please help.

vin85

I am also having the same problem on my LG G4. Along with the "virus" pop up others have explained, I am constantly getting pop ups from the play store. If i open facebook, it redirects me to a number of apps in the play store. If i open VZW msg+, same deal. I am getting really frustrated by the whole ordeal, since i've already tried a master reset, with no positive results. This is the second phone I have had this problem on, I previously had an xperia z3v with the same issues.

0 Likes
Rjd01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a S5 with the same issue.  I get the fbmxadanx warning page. I get random pages that pop up in Google play, Uber for one, which I don't have installed, when I'm using other apps. Very annoying! I can be reading a message in Verizon messager n then another screen will pop up with a warning msg. So far though I can't pin point any one app that triggers it.

0 Likes
Stolze92

I'm getting the same thing on my GS6. I've only had the phone since July and I started getting this adware/malware just a couple weeks after getting the phone. I get random play store pop ups all the time. I don't know if this is supposed to happen or not, either way I'm sick of it.

0 Likes