Out of the blue, my Backup Assistant plus started erroring out during backup. It states "Operation failed due to invalid authentication credentials". I haven't changed anything with my phone or phone plan.
tceckert0301

Out of the blue, my Backup Assistant plus started erroring out during backup. It states "Operation failed due to invalid authentication credentials". I haven't changed anything with my phone or phone plan. I have a Samsung S4.

0 Likes
Re: Out of the blue, my Backup Assistant plus started erroring out during backup. It states "Operation failed due to invalid authentication credentials". I haven't changed anything with my phone or phone plan.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tceckert0301, I understand your concern regarding this error message. I would be as well if I received the message. Have you recently changed your phone number? Do you know if all of your information is still automatically backing up?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Out of the blue, my Backup Assistant plus started erroring out during backup. It states "Operation failed due to invalid authentication credentials". I haven't changed anything with my phone or phone plan.
Robynski48

I got the same error this morning. I haven't changed my phone number or anything. Do I need to change passwords or something. Does this mean I've been hacked?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Robynski48,

Having a back up of your information is important. Let's make sure you can back everything up. Rest assured you are not hacked? Do you have the Verizon Cloud application downloaded on your phone? What happens when you go into that application? Has there been any recent updates on your phone?

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tceckert0301

I have not changed my number. I haven't done anything different. I let it back up in the middle of the night and I woke up to that message the other morning. It still won't let me back up. I have tried to do it manually also.

0 Likes
KCbiteme

There was at least one other similar post on the forum Friday morning, and I asked for email updates because I got the same message. It's not just you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying the manual backup, tceckert0301 . Our next step will be for us to reset the Backup Assistant Plus app. No worries on performing this app reset as nothing will get lost or erased from your device. We are just getting the software to “talk to” your contact list again.  For the Samsung S 4 on this page go to “How to clear your app's cache
(ID 77711) “ : http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s4-apps/ . In step 4, the the app you’ll be tapping is called “SyncMLSvc” or SyncService” . After clearing the app cache, then tap Force Stop. When these are completed run the BackUp Asssistant Plus app again, and let us know your results.

DavidH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tceckert0301

It is still giving me the same error.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for giving that a try, tceckert0301. This leads me to two schools of thought. One, let’s switch your back up services over to the Verizon Cloud, or two it’s possible that it’s an account setting.  On that second approach, I have sent you a Private Message so I may look into your account to see if it is properly provisioned.  If the Verizon Cloud piques your interest, then on your device go to the Google Play store to search for Verizon Cloud and make sure the app is up to date. For setup directions, visit here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/ and go to question 2 under “Using Verizon Cloud.”

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
berbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am getting the same error too. Nothing has changed. Woke up this morning and the message was there. Please help!

0 Likes