iPhone 6S Pre-Order
Verizonfanatic
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi so I plan on upgrading to the iPhone 6S when it comes out as my 4S is giving me issues. My question is, if I pre-order the device through Verizon or Apple, when would I expect to get the device. Would it be, before the official launch or after. I had a friend of mine pre-order the 6 when it came out and she did not get the phone until October. If I have to wait that long then I might as well wait in line at the store.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6S Pre-Order
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

No one can answer this for you because we can't predict the demand. Demand was through the roof for the 6 release. You have to remember it was the first big-sized iPhone release...not to mention, a significant change in the iPhone look overall. If demand is high in this release then it's possible delays will occur. I preordered the 6 when it happened and received mine on the day of the official release. Others were not as lucky. I ordered from Verizon. Previous times during preorders I have received my device a day or two before it was available in store. Ordered from Apple before and Verizon.

Point being...you won't know until you know. Try to get your preorder in as soon as it opens up and hope for the best. And even though I know people won't listen to this (because they never do) don't stalk your order status. It will frustrate you. Because even if they ship from the warehouse early the delivery won't take place until Apple authorizes it. So it very well may ship quick and then sit at FedEx hub for several days before you see more movement. It happens every time. It will happen again.

View solution in original post

Weth
Legend

My preorder has always arrived on launch day.

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

No one can answer this for you because we can't predict the demand. Demand was through the roof for the 6 release. You have to remember it was the first big-sized iPhone release...not to mention, a significant change in the iPhone look overall. If demand is high in this release then it's possible delays will occur. I preordered the 6 when it happened and received mine on the day of the official release. Others were not as lucky. I ordered from Verizon. Previous times during preorders I have received my device a day or two before it was available in store. Ordered from Apple before and Verizon.

Point being...you won't know until you know. Try to get your preorder in as soon as it opens up and hope for the best. And even though I know people won't listen to this (because they never do) don't stalk your order status. It will frustrate you. Because even if they ship from the warehouse early the delivery won't take place until Apple authorizes it. So it very well may ship quick and then sit at FedEx hub for several days before you see more movement. It happens every time. It will happen again.

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Like I mentioned, the only preorder for the iPhone that I received on launch day was the iPhone 6 I initially had. All of my other ones usually arrived a day or so before official launch. I've been lucky like that I suppose lol. Will be sitting this preorder out for now...I'm in no hurry to upgrade. Haven't even had my 6 plus for a year yet so I'll see how I feel about iOS 9 on it. Besides, the only thing that I'm missing a little is the finally better front facing camera lol.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I am also sitting this round out, at least for now. 

0 Likes
Yeschick

I Pre ordered online immediat when I was able. Delivery date just changed to Oct 12.  Had I known that my effort would be punished, I would have ordered elsewhere

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It's not a punishment. It's the popularity of the device. You could opt to cancel the order and try your luck in the stores (although with the date being less than 10 days away I would just wait). This wasn't a personal vendetta against you by Verizon in pushing back your date. It happens and it shouldn't be a surprise when it happens to a lot of people during every preorder of a highly popular device release. It's why sometimes you have to decide if it is better for you to stand in line on launch day and hope they have what you want in stock or if preordering is best for you.

Learo2000GT

SO are you seeing a date change?   I am starting to get a bit mad.  Every time I talk to a rep I get a different story.   I original ordered on 9/25 and now have two orders listed under my device but nothing showing on my orders under support.   Thanks.   I see the following. 

We are working hard to complete your order. Unfortunately, it will not be shipped as originally scheduled. You will receive a shipment confirmation email when your order ships, which will include a new delivery date.

Product(s):

0 Likes
Thomas119

i ordered the 6s on 9/13 and still see the same thing when i check. no one from verizon can tell me what happened. everyone said it should have been shipped by now. this is ridiculous.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thomas119,

Getting an awesome new phone as quickly as possible is always crucial. We want to make sure that is in your hands as quick as it can be. You can check the order status any time at http://vz.to/1LAbC1l.

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes