"___ has stopped responding" messages
KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

Anybody else still hanging on with a Galaxy Nexus?  I'm waiting for Verizon to release the mysteriously disappearing z4v before upgrading, so I have to put up with a regular annoyance -- the "<some app> has stopped responding" burps.  The whole system will seem to freeze for 10 or more seconds, then there will be a pop-up with that message and the option to "wait" or force stop the app.

Usually it's Facebook, but also happens with others (Chrome, TuneIn, Google Play, etc).  Doesn't matter if the app has ever been opened or not.  Sometimes this message is popped-up on top of my alarm clock when it goes off, and I can't even stop the alarm until I can focus my eyes well enough to hit the little "stop" button in the error pop-up.

I tend to write this off as relating to running on the older Android that we've been forced to stick with on the Galaxy Nexus, but have wondered if anyone has found a more focused solution?  Do you get the hangs, and if so have you found a good way to stop them from happening so often?

0 Likes
Re: "___ has stopped responding" messages
Snn5
Legend

When I gave away my GNEX 3 years ago I had no issues with any FCs.  Given the system was no longer supported nor maintained, and given the 4-6 hour battery life, I moved on.  It was a novel phone for a while, but never belonged on Verizon given the hate between Vzw and Google.  Anytime I had an issue that I could not resolve by clearing cache or data for a system process/app, a FDR usually resolved the issue.

0 Likes
KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

Looks like I'm the only one still using a Galaxy Nexus.  Gonna miss this baby when I finally get a replacement (if Verizon will ever get around to releasing the promised z4v).

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I still have my Galaxy Nexus phone, but I don't use it as an active phone anymore.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.