iPad Air cannot connect to Verizon account
showboat93

Hello,

Is anyone else having this problem and if so how did you fix it? I have an iPad Air with a brand new Verizon SIM in it. When I first installed this SIM I was able to create a new account, get a data number for the iPad, and establish my data plan (currently I use the $5.00/day plan and only get it when I need it since I normally connect via WiFi at home and work). This worked fine. However, after the $5.00/day plan expired (like the next day), I was no longer able to use the View Account option on the Settings -> Cellular window to "purchase" more $5.00/day plans or ANY plan. I can log in to my Verizon account and see my info such as address and payment information, but it will not show me plans, usage, etc. When I do click Change/Add Plan, it just "spins" and tells me to "Please wait". Nothing happens. This also happens if I try to do it with WiFi turned on.

This used to work with my previous SIM. I could log in, pick a plan, get activated, etc. without having to call a Verizon rep. I would like for it work this way again. I have called Verizon about this numerous times. Sometimes they are clueless, sometimes they have me do various things on the iPad to no avail, and others they tell me that Verizon is updating some of its applications and that I will not be able to do this on the iPad. They cannot give me a date as to when this will be finished. Often they tell me just to try it again in a day or two. This has been going on for 2 months. It's obvious no one has any idea what the problem is. Does anyone here have any ideas?

Thank you,

David

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPad Air cannot connect to Verizon account
Robbie41
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had same problem. After a lot of heartache, I finally went to my PC and browsed to www.verizonwireless.com, sign in to account, click on "CONTINUE TO MY ACCOUNT" in small blue letters, and hopefully there you will find a sign up dialogue where you can get back on subscription.

I hope Verizon gets things cleared up so we can re-subscribe from device as easily as before. I do not want to go on line with a PC to resubscribe every month.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

showboat93,

We want you connected with the world. Let's try and figure this out together. Have you tried resetting the device? Going to Settings, then to General, select Reset, then Network Reset. You can also do a full reset as well on the same list labeled Erase all Content and Settings. If none of these steps fix your issue I would suggest calling our prepaid department for more information at (888)294-6804. Keep us posted on your progress we are here to help.
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
showboat93

Hello JasperM_VZW,

The Reset options on the iPad do not fix the problem. I have already called the Prepaid Department numerous times and have stayed on the phone with them over a hour almost every time I have called. They have not been able to resolve this issue. Are there no "iPad interacting with one's Verizon account" experts on staff?

Has the way prepaid accounts are configured changed for the iPad such that when the data plan has expired (in this case the $5.00/day plan) the only way to get the iPad back online is to call customer support? Previously I could do this all through the Settings -> Cellular -> View Account app. If Verizon has removed this functionality, I will be highly disappointed/upset and will have to consider other carriers.

David

0 Likes
Robbie41
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is my problem also. For three years I update my account monthly or when Verizon sends notice that data plan has been exceeded. I simply update cellular plan and life goes on. Today all that occurs is a spinning wheel. I reset network settings…no change. How do I give Verizon money for cellular service?

I use iPad 2.

The dialogue windows definitely look different than previous months. Has Verizon generated an update to system that creates these glitches?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Robbie41 this is not the experience we want you yo have. Let's get that iPad back to surfing the web. When did this start? If any, how are your other devices functioing on our network? Do you use Wifi on the devices?
AnthonyM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Robbie41
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure if I am subscribed now. After going on line with PC computer and believing I re subscribed for iPad cell coverage I continue to receive a notice that service is not current. But this is a screen shot of my current status.

Cell coverage may be subscribed now...but it the past three years at end of subscription period or when data limit was reached I received a notice that allowed me to re subscribe from iPad easily. Today was a nightmare. I contacted phone customer service, speaking to three different people (which is always most frustrating) without help and when connected to an automated system to supposedly subscribe, was disconnected. I gave up on that route. I then tried Verizon web site and searched a question to find others have had this same problem...that re subscribing from iPad results in never ending spinning image. Searched through other Verizon web pages but that was also difficult to navigate to a page to subscribe for service.

There is clearly a visible change to the Verizon dialogue on iPad account window that indicate an update to Verizon software that might possibly have glitches.

I don't want to go through this again in a month.

...Robbie

0 Likes
Robbie41
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had same problem. After a lot of heartache, I finally went to my PC and browsed to www.verizonwireless.com, sign in to account, click on "CONTINUE TO MY ACCOUNT" in small blue letters, and hopefully there you will find a sign up dialogue where you can get back on subscription.

I hope Verizon gets things cleared up so we can re-subscribe from device as easily as before. I do not want to go on line with a PC to resubscribe every month.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Robbie41 sorry that this has not been a easy transition for you. We want to get you the help you need for your iPad. Was this iPad purchased from Verizon? Is it the LTE version? I Also recommend calling our Sales Professionals who specialize in adding new lines of services 888-924-7937.
AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes