What is the difference between "sent" and "delivered" messages?
heidiMDX

What is the difference between these two status messages?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Status "sent" verses "delivered"
Snn5
Legend

To be clear:  Sent means it is on its way to the recipient, but delivered means the message was received.  However, Delivered does not mean the message was read.  Also, the recipient must also allow a "Message Received Receipt" to be sent to your phone so that you know it was delivered.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

heidiMDX, you have a wonderful question. As I know that with the messaging terms, it may get confusing but no worries! We are here to help.  Sent messages = when a message leaves your phone after hitting the “send button” to send your composed message to another person. Delivered status= the person on the other end has received the message you sent. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

To be clear:  Sent means it is on its way to the recipient, but delivered means the message was received.  However, Delivered does not mean the message was read.  Also, the recipient must also allow a "Message Received Receipt" to be sent to your phone so that you know it was delivered.

0 Likes
Diafe56

If it never says delivered does that mean you are blocked? If it stays at "sent"

0 Likes
Re: What is the difference between "sent" and "delivered" messages?
Diafe56

If it never says delivered does it mean you may be blocked? It stays at "sent"

0 Likes
Re: What is the difference between "sent" and "delivered" messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Diafe56,

The "delivered" message will only appear if the recipient has their phone set up to allow it. If someone is blocking you, there won't be any indication on your side that it is happening. Does this help clarify things for you?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
DebDeb03

I was wondering the same thing about being blocked

0 Likes