How can my Verizon phone have a better signal than my Jetpack 6620L
jeani72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received a Verizon jetpack 6620L from my job and I am supposed to use that instead of my home wifi when I work from home.  However, when I'm at home, my phone has full signal but I'm lucky if I get 2 bars on the jetpack.  How can that be when they are in the same spot?  What can I do to better the signal on the jetpack?

0 Likes
Re: How can my Verizon phone have a better signal than my Jetpack 6620L
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

>  How can that be when they are in the same spot?

Different equipment and different capabilities.  Also, the Jetpack may be damaged and not able to operate at full strength.

> What can I do to better the signal on the jetpack?

http://3gstore.com/page/13_will_an_antenna_help_me.html

Complete the tests from this website to collect wireless signal strength and analyze the result.  Repeat this process in multiple locations to paint a picture of the devices performance in that environment.  This process of repeated testing is known as a site survey.

Re: How can my Verizon phone have a better signal than my Jetpack 6620L
Weth
Legend

AAnother thought is what LTE bands your phone supports.  You do not mention your phone.  Earlier LTE phones could only pick up LTE band 13.  Newer phones and jet packs pick up Band 13 and Band 4.  It is possible your jetpack is picking up band 4 and your phone Band 13. 

LTE can still get great speeds at 2 bars. The only thing that really matters is what performance are you getting?  If it is fine, it doesn't matter if it is 2 bars. 

0 Likes