Data Usage
jlschroeder

How can I find out exactly what apps are using all of my data?

We continually run out of 20 GB of data on our two phones. My daughter watches Youtube videos occasionally and I check Facebook (and I have auto stream of videos shut off), we browse the internet occassionally.  I've updated setting so that apps aren't refreshing in the background thinking this would help but it hasn't. 

I saw another post on the forum that it should be hard for a person to run through 2GB so how are two people (with a 5 yr old) running through 20GB?

I have an iPhone 6, my husband has an iPhone 5.

When I look at my data usage it says the majority it going towards videos (ok, make sense) but then next one is Web & apps which, when broken down, does not make any sense.

I need to make sure my data usage is calculated correctly AND what is eating it up so I can address it.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jlschroeder,
Keeping tabs on what apps are using a majority of the data is extremely important. Help has arrived. On the iPhone 5 and iPhone 6, you will be able to view the app data usage by going to Settings-Cellular-then check under the Use Cellular Data For option. This will provide you with an alphabetical list of the applications and next to them will be the data usage for a given time period. You can also have the statistics reset by scrolling to the bottom and taping on Reset Statistics. This will certainly help to see what apps are being used the most for data purposes.
Another tip to help is using the Verizon Data Utilization Tool. Please click here to learn more about this tool: http://vz.to/1gjp7dj

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Data Usage
Weth
Legend

Running through 2 GB is not hard.   1 hour of high def video can be 4 to 9 GB. 

On iphones, go to settings then cellular, then scroll down and you'll see all the apps with an indication of how much cellular data each has used since last manual reset.  At the bottom is how you reset the numbers to zero to monitor.

0 Likes