Required to pay monthly plan twice when activating new phone.
Chagrin

I recently had to replace a phone that had broken, and so I purchased a replacement of the same model. While awaiting my replacement to arrive, my monthly plan was expiring, so I added funds to renew it. When my new phone arrived just a couple days later and I activated it, however, I was required by the website to switch to a different plan. The new plan costs exactly the same as my old one and is for all intents and purposes the same plan - both are pretty standard $35 prepaid monthly plans with mostly the same features. I assume my old plan that I was on was discontinued and changed to a similar plan. But because I had to choose a new plan, I was required to immediately pay my monthly fee to be able to use my new phone, so I in essence had to pay the exact same monthly fee twice in about three days. I was hoping there might be a way to resolve this, because while I have no intentions of becoming argumentative, I do feel a bit cheated by an awkward system. I don't think it's Verizon's intent, I just feel the website wasn't robust enough to handle such a nuanced situation. Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Required to pay monthly plan twice when activating new phone.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chagrin, we want to make sure you have a positive experience with Verizon Wireless at all times. I do apologize for this issues that you have been facing. Unfortunately, we don't have access to any of the prepaid services on Socail Media. I would suggest on reaching out to our Prepaid Team to go over this issue. They can be reached toll free by calling 888-294-6804.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes