Used Note 4 with no signal
crystal07c

I bought a used Verizon Note 4. To cut to the chase here-I've checked and it's not blacklisted (not stolen nor is there a balance owed on it.) Verizon tells me it's unlocked but I can't get ANY  network signal-even in global mode.  I have a greyed out triangle for a signal. I've inserted the original Verizon sim that came with the phone and nothing.  I've tried an active straight talk sim just for the heck of it and nothing.  Even was able to downgrade from lollipop to kitkat (without rooting) and you guessed it-nothing.

Although it's supposed to be unlocked I am unable to get any of the "dialer" programming/service menus to work (like *#06#*, etc.).  Couple of hours on the phone with both Verizon and Samsung and all they had me do is a couple factory resets and a ciyple airplane mode toggles but no success.  Even went to a verizon store and they just shrugged their shoulders and did nothing as they had no idea what to do.

Really want to love this phone but it's a little bit pricey just to use as a little WiFi tablet.  Somebody has to have some idea please help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Used Note 4 with no signal
Snn5
Legend

The original SIM and a Straight Talk SIM will not work at all.  You need a Verizon SIM that is connected to your account.

0 Likes