samsung pay?
volsfan0911

Have seen conflicting reports on this but nothing recent.  Has VZW decided to allow it?  The other 3 major US carriers (tmob, att, sprint) are all onboard but I still have not seen anything official from Verizon.  Or are they going to cling to ISIS/Softcard/whatever for another few years?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: samsung pay?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

SoftCard has been shut down as of December 31, 2014 (I believe). At least I know that it is no longer a working payment method. This app was not a VZW exclusive either. Google Wallet works very well for Mobile Payment and unlike an app like Samsung Pay, if you switch to a different manufacturer (LG, HTC, Motorola) you don't have to worry about transferring all of the information. You just sign in with your Gmail account and go,.

View solution in original post

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

SoftCard has been shut down as of December 31, 2014 (I believe). At least I know that it is no longer a working payment method. This app was not a VZW exclusive either. Google Wallet works very well for Mobile Payment and unlike an app like Samsung Pay, if you switch to a different manufacturer (LG, HTC, Motorola) you don't have to worry about transferring all of the information. You just sign in with your Gmail account and go,.

volsfan0911

I've used Google Wallet in the past.  It's a very cumbersome process and not any faster/easier than pulling out my debit card and paying with it.  The only thing I like about Apple anymore is that they seem to have gotten that process down correctly.  But if the speed and simplicity can't be replicated on Wallet (and so far, it ain't) then I'll just stick with the old fashioned process.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

With Google Wallet all you need to do is have your payment method set up with NFC enabled and then you just need to wake your device and tap to pay. Same as Apple Pay. I use Wallet whenever I can and have had no issues. It's pretty simple.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If only they had watch integration as Apple does with their watch.Smiley Sad

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Smart watches, to me anyway, are not as good as they seem.

I am waiting for the day when I do not have to carry cards at all. I wish my driver's license, car insurance, medical insurance et all can be on my mobile device. I HATE wallets.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

sprmankalel wrote:

Smart watches, to me anyway, are not as good as they seem.

I guess I don't get your statement. They are EXACTLY as good as they seem. If they didn't seem that good, you wouldn't think they seem that good.

Some people may think they are better/more useful than other people, but each person thinks they seem better or worse based upon their own expectations.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Yeah. There is all this hype over these smart watches. I have checked them out and, for me, they are not worth the money. Plus then there is not 1 with all of the features that I would want. Even still, I know this industry and the second I pull the trigger, there will be a new one with better features.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Isn't that exactly what you have with ANY piece of electronics, though, including phones?

I know for me there is not a single smartphone out there with all of the features I want and each time I purchase one, another one is released with better features that I would like.Smiley Happy

What features are you looking for?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I don't think smartphones change dramatically in between releases. There was no huge difference on the G4 that made me want to give up my G3.

For a watch, I would like to have something that does HR and steps, read messages, take calls and not be big and bulky. Also, not Apple.

0 Likes