gigabyte usage
1GHNut

I bundled my Verizon mobile phone, house phone and internet last Tuesday but I didn't use it because the former internet was still in effect.  We left on vacation the next day and I used the Mifi in the car for a few hours.  While at our destination Wed-Sun I used the Wifi that was available there.   I did play a couple of games on the phone, but nothing I'd call excessive.  Again on the way home,  I used it.   Now that I'm home, it says I have used half of the 3 GBs.   How can that be?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: gigabyte usage
mama23dogs
Legend

1GHNut wrote:

I bundled my Verizon mobile phone, house phone and internet last Tuesday but I didn't use it because the former internet was still in effect.  We left on vacation the next day and I used the Mifi in the car for a few hours.

......and what did you use it for?  Music, video, social media?

While at our destination Wed-Sun I used the Wifi that was available there.   I did play a couple of games on the phone, but nothing I'd call excessive.

.....games use a lot of data.  Look on the phone, what does it say was used? (Settings, data usage)

Again on the way home,  I used it.   Now that I'm home, it says I have used half of the 3 GBs.   How can that be?

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If my math is correct..you used the mifi for around 6 hours and your phone for  couple games and used 1.5 GB?

0 Likes
1GHNut

I played Words with Friends for short periods of time while traveling. And I used the map app, which I have since learned uses quite a bit of data.

I did not have my iphone on the vacation site Wifi, and apparently those minutes all went against my Mifi instead of theirs, which I didn't realize. But still, 5 days of emails, Words with Friends, and 3 or 4 jigsaw puzzles seems like it shouldn't have used 1.5 GBs.

0 Likes
1GHNut

I did Facebook, but no videos or music.

The Usage says I've used 1.4 GB, but it also says I have 10.5 GB available. I don't understand that. Don't I have 3GB?

Is there a place to see how much data the games specifically used?

I appreciate your help!! Thanks

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

1.5 GB is easy to go through in 5 days.  Depending on what map app and the settings, it could use most of that. B

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can check your app usage on your phone.

Did you set your Facebook settings to not automatically run videos? If not, then even if you weren't selecting a video to watch, it was essentially playing in the background. Much like with ads running on the side of web pages.

1.4 GB for as many hours as you were in the car and the times you used your mobile phone seems normal - does this include your mifi and your iPhone usage?

mama23dogs
Legend

1GHNut wrote:

I did Facebook, but no videos or music.

The Usage says I've used 1.4 GB, but it also says I have 10.5 GB available. I don't understand that. Don't I have 3GB?

Is there a place to see how much data the games specifically used?

I appreciate your help!! Thanks

Did you add the mifi to the plan and increase to the 12 GB plan?

0 Likes
1GHNut

I have the Mifi, but didn't know anything about the extra 12 GBs. When I turn the Mifi on, it says I have 1.5 left.

Now I'm even more confused

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

LOL.   Me too a little..

Is the mifi included in your wireless (cellphone) plan, or is it separate, (but bundled) home service?

0 Likes