We're waiting on the 5.1.1 update, Verizon!
inntheboat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon needs to approve the 5.1.1 update. Sprint's Note 4 users have had it for almost a month. T-Mobile users now have it as well. (Rumors are, by the way, that their update makes their phone feel like new.)

My biggest issue is lagging (especially the Recents menu). I've factory reset and that doesn't fix it. I'm afraid only the 5.1.1 update will fix that. There's nothing but positive comments about 5.1.1, and we're still here waiting on Verizon to push 5.1.1.

I know you'll reply with your Twitter handle, but your responses there aren't any better.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: We're waiting on the 5.1.1 update, Verizon!
LA58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Breath holding seems to be over. I got 5.1.1 today. Now lets see if it really gets us a real fix....albeit months later than it should have been.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Inntheboat, I always understand the interest in upgrading to the latest and greatest in your phone's operating system. I'm the same way myself. When the phone manufacturer completes the upgrade for phones on our network we will definitely work to deploy it as quickly as possible.
Can you tell me more about the lagging issue?  Do you notice this specificially after the phone reboots or does it kick in after it's been up and running?  When you said you completed a factory reset, can you walk me through the process used?  We do have some alternate items that may work well for you in this case. 
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

free_popcorn
Contributor - Level 1

The recent menu lags for me as well...always has and after viewing several YouTube N4 reviews, they experience the same lag as well. I too performed a factory reset after the latest OTA update (believe it was the StageFright patch) but no improvement. Speaking of factory reset, I was not able to reset the device the traditional way (settings>backup and reset>factory data reset) because an error kept invoking (settings is not responding, or something) so I had to go into the boot menu and factory reset that way by powering down the device, then holding down the power+home+volume up key.

I am looking forward to this 5.1.1 update as well with high expectations...although the phone is still pretty solid by comparison to others, its overall performance has slightly declined over time...such as lagging, battery life and increased dropped calls and dropped data...all were minor to non existent issues previously.

inntheboat
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Recents menu lag is immediately after the phone reboots. (Don't worry, it's not just me -- it's every Note 4 5.0.1 user. It's just that 5.1.1 fixes it.)

I factory reset by going into Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset. I also tried the recovery boot method. Neither one resolved it. (Fact is is that it's just an issue with 5.0.1.)

I have all the bloatware disabled that I can -- Amazon apps, Verizon Caller Name ID, Verizon Cloud, Verizon FamilyBase Companion, Flipboard, IMDb, Verizon Message+, Verizon My InfoZone, Milk, My Verizon Mobile, NFL Mobile, Slacker Radio, Verizon Support & Protection, and Verizon VZ Navigator. (Boy, lots of Verizon apps in that list.)

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Inntheboat, we never want you to have to worry about ongoing issues like this and I certainly want you to help get this resolved.  The next step in this process would be to reset the phone using the Software Recovery Assistant.  It's designed to help a phone in this particular sitution. 
You can see the step by step instructions here http://vz.to/1N6yVRy .
I know this is a major issue to you and I really appreciate the steps you've taken to address this so far. I am confident this will be what you need to have your phone up and running.
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
inntheboat
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Software Recovery Assistant did not help. It's a Lollipop 5.0.1 issue.

GregR1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why does it take so long to update the S5?

I want 5.1.1!!

GregR1
Enthusiast - Level 3

The S5 still only has Android 5.0.

Also,  will the S5 get Android 6?

Luck10
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are completely avoiding their question.  We want to know where 5.1.1 is??  Not that hard of a question.