Why doesn't my phone receive texts sometimes?
acbarrios

I'm on the prepaid plan, $45/month. This is my first time on the plan with Verizon and being with Verizon in general. A couple weeks ago a friend called and brought up why I wasn't texting them back when my phone never even got the texts in the first place. Any answers as to why that's happening? I seem to only have this problem with other iPhones. My parents, for example, have an Android type phone and they have no problems receiving my texts and I have no problem receiving theirs. Also, is sending/receiving texts impacted by how much data I've used for the month?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't my phone receive texts sometimes?
acbarrios

I should probably add that I have an iPhone 4S. I don't get error messages or anything that would otherwise notify that my texts don't send or that I'm not receiving any.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to keep you connected to all of your contacts, acbarrios. As this is only happening with iPhone users it is most likely related to iMessage and not normal SMS text. To confirm when using iMessage this will be pulling data from your plan but in small amounts. Please go to Settings>Messages and ensure iMesage is enabled if you want to use the service. If you do not want to use iMessage then keep it deactivated and advise your contacts to turn their iMessage settings to "Send as SMS when iMessage unavailable."

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for bringing this to our attention acbarrios. We don’t want anyone to think you are ignoring their text messages and vice versa. Let’s look to see what's the best next step for you . As with iPhones, it does use data when sending messages to other iPhones users. Due to the application it uses is called iMessage. Its sends as an instant message over data/internet. So if no data, then messages won’t go through. There is a setting you may put your phone in that will allow you to still send text to iPhone users  when iMessage is unavailable called send as SMS. This is found in settings>messages>and turn on Send as SMS. Now the other user would need to enable this setting too. Let us know if you have other questions.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes