Galaxy Sf makes NO SOUND on startup
emesss1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

Shortly after the lollipop upgrade I noticed that my phone no longer made any noise on startup. As this is not something that there is a control for, but part of the normal startup process, I wonder what else is not happening on startup.

After the last system upgrade, I noticed (but it may have happened earlier), that when I take a picture, something I don't do often, there is no confirming click coming from the camera. There is a setting for the click, and it is on.

Sound levels for everything are at max. Has anyone else noticed this happening, or know if it is indicative of some larger problem?

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy Sf makes NO SOUND on startup
emesss1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

I managed to fix this myself, based upon some answers to other similar problems.

I went into Developer Options and found that under Media, Use NuPlayer(experimental) had been checked. I have no idea how, since this was the first time I had ever gone into that particular option. Removing the check from that box restored the power on sound.

I can only conclude that this experimental player prevented the start up sound, and that upgrades seem to randomly make changes to some, but not all of the users.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

emesss1121-

Let's make sure we get this resolved. If you haven't already please go to Settings> My Device> Sound and Notification. Once you're there please make sure System, Notification, and Sound Mode are turned on.
DaisyP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
emesss1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

All are turned on. Also I went to a Verizon store, and they had no ideas or suggestions.

0 Likes
emesss1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

That should say Galaxy S4. There is also no sound when it is turned off, and the camera no longer makes a sound, so I don't know if I have taken the picture.

As I mentioned earlier, a trip to the Verizon store was no help, which is why I thought I would post it here.

If anyone can suggest a Verizon store with more advanced techs in Manhattan, please do so.

0 Likes
emesss1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

I managed to fix this myself, based upon some answers to other similar problems.

I went into Developer Options and found that under Media, Use NuPlayer(experimental) had been checked. I have no idea how, since this was the first time I had ever gone into that particular option. Removing the check from that box restored the power on sound.

I can only conclude that this experimental player prevented the start up sound, and that upgrades seem to randomly make changes to some, but not all of the users.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you very much for posting how you were able to fix the no sound issue, emesss1121. I am so glad that you are now able to hear the sound at the start up. Your persistence with troubleshooting will definitely help others who may run across this problem. If you need any help in the future please know we are here for you.  http://vz.to/1PaHJqw

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes