Will the Moto X Pure be usable on Verizon with no hiccups?
ThomasLewis1028

I've been stuck on a Galaxy S4 that has probably reached it's end of life point meaning I'm stuck on 5.0.1 with older hardware.  I was pretty excited about the Moto X Pure when it was announced and it is, hopefully, dropping this week or next week some time.  Unfortunately, I've heard about some people having issues with phones like the Nexus 6 that had all of the bands and frequencies necessary to work on Verizon (as far as I know), and I'm afraid that it would be the same thing.  The Pure is an unlocked phone meaning it's unavailable through carriers, which is where I've heard people had issues.  Plus, I saw Verizon's unlocked phone thing where they had a list of phones that would work even if they are unlocked, including a number of iPhones and the Nexus 6 (as the only Android option).

So back to the question, will I be able to purchase this device and use it with no hiccups, no jumping through hoops or anything, or will I have to fight around before it can get "approved"?  I already know that I'll need a new SIM card as the S4 uses a micro SIM and the Pure uses a nano SIM, but I'm just interested in will it be able to work out of the box or not?

Sorry for the mildly lengthy post, and thanks for any answers beforehand.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will the Moto X Pure be usable on Verizon with no hiccups?
Tidbits
Legend

Th issues with the nexus 6 has been explained multiple times.

The Moto X Pure may have the same initial issues. It's all dependent on how Motorola does it. Apple did it it right while Motorola/Google  did it the wrong way and admitted it. It's all dependant on if Motorola supports the spectrum, hardware, or not of course.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Th issues with the nexus 6 has been explained multiple times.

The Moto X Pure may have the same initial issues. It's all dependent on how Motorola does it. Apple did it it right while Motorola/Google  did it the wrong way and admitted it. It's all dependant on if Motorola supports the spectrum, hardware, or not of course.

0 Likes
ThomasLewis1028

Okay, thanks for the answer.  I guess it doesn't REALLY answer the question, but it's good enough I guess, may just have to try it myself when it drops.

Though on the Nexus 6, what exactly was the hardware issue?  I never saw anything about WHY it didn't work just that it didn't always work.  The only spectrum of hardware I can see is the bands and such that the Pure supports and it does support all of the LTE and CDMA bands that Verizon uses, so if that's all it needs then I should be good.  But if that's not it, then what is it, if I might ask?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you know that you can get a nano SIM card now and use it in the Galaxy S4 until you purchase another phone? You just need to purchase a nano to micro SIM card adapter and request a nano SIM card from Verizon Wireless. It can be as another community member mentioned a way to "future proof" your line of service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

ThomasLewis1028 wrote:

Okay, thanks for the answer.  I guess it doesn't REALLY answer the question, but it's good enough I guess, may just have to try it myself when it drops.

Though on the Nexus 6, what exactly was the hardware issue?  I never saw anything about WHY it didn't work just that it didn't always work.  The only spectrum of hardware I can see is the bands and such that the Pure supports and it does support all of the LTE and CDMA bands that Verizon uses, so if that's all it needs then I should be good.  But if that's not it, then what is it, if I might ask?

Moto X could be a hardware issue.  If Motorola doesn't have CDMA components in it then it wouldn't matter it will not work.  However if it had the components and Motorola did the same thing they did with the Nexus 6 then it will not activate a sim card.  You will have to activate the sim card using another device, and then inserting it into the new device.

0 Likes
D-Rail
Enthusiast - Level 1

From what I have read on other forums, the Moto X Pure will be fine on Verizon's network. The phone supports all Verizon's 4G and CDMA frequencies/channels.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Then you should be fine.

0 Likes