Can't completely delete a file
B_sweeney

I deleted a file (pdf document) that I had uploaded a while ago.  The deletion was intentional.  The problem is that the file name still shows up in my cloud documents.  Trying to delete again give a message that the file could not be found.  As a test, I uploaded a different pdf doc., then deleted it.  This worked fine.  I'm guessing the original deletion just messed up.  I'm concerned that since the file name & size still show up, that I'm effectively losing that storage amount, (2.1mb, small I know, but still annoying).  Any ideas how to get the file name removed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't completely delete a file
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which cloud? Verizon Cloud? Google Drive? Another Cloud storage option?

Have you tried signing into the Cloud account from a computer and tried to find the file there?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Can't completely delete a file
B_sweeney

Sorry, since I posted this in VERIZON CLOUD, I thought VZ cloud was implied.

I can't access a PC right now, but in response to your reply, I used my phone's browser to go to VZW.com.  logged in, & checked my cloud content that way.  The file in question does not show up at all this way. Also, the # of documents I have in my accnt. is one less that it is when I view my content from the VZ cloud app.  So, the original attempt to delete the pdf doc. was only partialy successful.  The file was fully removed frm the accnt., but the file name is still showing in the cloud app., even though the file name does not show in the web version of my VZ cloud account.

0 Likes