Trying to restore messages - received message restore failed
Jen1324

I Just bought a brand new droid turbo.  Using Cloud I am able to restore calls, pictures, video and contacts but when I try to restore messages, it starts to restore but only gets to 5% and then I get message stating restore failed. 

Troubleshooting steps eps I took from reading other forms: made sure message app had no limits. Reinstalled cloud.  Nothing worked.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Trying to restore messages - received message restore failed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want your messages to be restored the same way your calls, pictures, videos & contacts did Jen. Let's make sure that we are on the same page with the cloud service you are using. You indicate that you reinstalled the cloud, please confirm that you reinstalled the Verizon Cloud, or was it other cloud service? http://vz.to/14QbP0I

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jen1324

Verizon Cloud v15.2.27 is what I am using

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking that for us. Do you have any other apps that are pending update? Please check to see if the phone has any system updates. Go to settings >> system updates >> check for updates.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jen1324

No.. No updates pending. Everything was restored but my messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreicate you checking that for us Jen1324. I want to make sure that we help get your messages loaded onto your new Turbo.  Our next step will be to clear you Verizon Cloud App and try to restore your content once again.  CLick on the link for steps on how to complete.  Keep us posted.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-116983/

0 Likes