What uses more data... Surfing internet on Iphone or using jetpack to surf on my laptop?
Titan0914

I just want to know if using the jet pack to surf the internet uses more data than using my Iphone (not connected to my wifi jetpack) to surf?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What uses more data... Surfing internet on Iphone or using jetpack to surf on my laptop?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would say using your Jetpack. That's simply because for me, it's easier to browse the web on the laptop so in 15 minutes I might browse 10 pages, where as on the phone I might browse 4. Plus on the computer you're running full web pages and ads and on the phone you're running a lot of mobile pages and less ads.

0 Likes
Re: What uses more data... Surfing internet on Iphone or using jetpack to surf on my laptop?
Titan0914

Where can you find simple tips, that maybe people don't know, on how to keep from using so much data? Not common sense stuff like turn your jet pack off when not using it.

You'd think VZW would bring back unlimited data back seeing there are so many complaints. It makes me ponder going to go to one of the companies that will pay for your early termination to go to them that offer unlimited. But I know the complaints are overlooked simply cause the company if making a fortune off of it

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

That unlimited data is either spotty or capped...as in, LTE data is capped at a certain amount and the speed thereafter is similar to dial-up speeds, PLUS most devices are limited to either speed or data cap when tethering.  Bringing back unlimited data won't happen, and if it does, that would be years from now.  When using any device that has HD, large screens, faster processors and such, those better devices will use more data because services will opt for the best quality and speed based on connection method.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

By far, jetpack with laptop will use much more data.

0 Likes