Why is my wifi always downloading?
ADB2015

I have a new LG G4 and the wifi is always indicating that it is downloading/uploading something.  I have turned off all applications and turned off sync, but it persists.   Is there any way to fix this?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my wifi always downloading?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would look under settings usage and then select the top app and see how often they each run in the background. That could help you pinpoint it. If you have location on for any of your apps it could be doing that. Really any number of small background things.

0 Likes
dtp003
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue,  I just bought a note 5 last month (Jan 2016) from the Verizon store.  Today (Feb 11, 2016) I noticed the battery dropping faster than normal.  Looking around the operating system I noticed the wireless was downloading continuously.  I set the phone to factory reset to try to fix the problem but it did not work.  I did it again and it still is continually downloading.  I am going to take it to verizon after my IT internship finishes up this afternoon.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

dtp003, since you're interning in IT, it might be a fun project to sniff your phone's network traffic with Wireshark to see what's causing all of the activity on the radio. It should hopefully save on the guess and check, and give some hands on experience with a nice network packet analyzer.

ADB2015, make sure app updates are not to blame, or a software update that's running in the background. Also check to see if it's specific to your home network or other networks. Public locations tend to be bad tests, due to the bad design of some networks that sends broadcast traffic to all devices (these are usually awfully slow networks, too).

0 Likes