Screen timeout issue
YoungRasty

Is there a way to change the timeout interval to enter the PIN? This is especially frustrating if notifications are enabled, because they use up the limited time available before the screen goes dark again.

0 Likes
Re: Screen timeout issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
YoungRasty,

Let's get you out of the dark! You are able to change the time before the screen goes dark. That is under Settings->Display->Screen Timeout. You areable to go up to 10 minutes. If you want to have a pin set up on your screen, that would be something different. It will still be under Settings but this time go to Lock Screen. The first option should be Screen Lock. You can choose Swipe, Pin, pattern, etc.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
YoungRasty

You aren't understanding my question. I already have ample screen timeout time once I'm past the PIN screen; and I know how to change it. I also already have a PIN set up, so I don't need to know how to do that. What I want is more time to enter that PIN before darkness comes to my screen.

Android allows screen notifications, so surely they also allow time to read them before proceeding to the PIN entry screen. Right?  Some other forum answers state that this is a big "Oops" by Android, that they don't have any adjustment for this timeout. If this can be changed, please tell us how.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

YoungRasty,

We always want to make sure you have the very best options. At this time the only screen timeout that can be changed on this device is once the device is unlocked.

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes