Restricting
Admoore0722

Is there a way to restrict a phone from calls and texts except to one or two numbers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Restricting
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You may be able to do this with Family Base.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I don't think Family Base can do that much restricting. It can restrict times when the phone is used, but it doesn't block numbers. You'd have to do that manually UNLESS you had a little wrist watch PAL phone which only allows a couple numbers to be programmed into it.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

There is a pay feature that allows you to block numbers. Not sure if that is also part of Family Base but a quick look at the features page on Verizon's website should verify.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Verizon does allow you to block 5 numbers for free for...60 days? Something like that. There are plenty of free apps out there though that allow you to block numbers for free.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Yes but there is a pay feature that allows you to do more and for longer (I believe indefinitely). The free one is restricted to a certain amount of time and a set number of blocks.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I read the OP as they want to block all calls and texts except for a couple of numbers. I believe family base would be better suited for that situation.

The free block is for 90 days and is limited to 5 numbers only.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Either way they would have to input the phone numbers to block. In which case why wouldn't someone want to save $5 a month? UNLESS they need to block contacts not just by number. Family Base allows you to block: Phone numbers, email addresses, international numbers, screen names, and messaging short codes. I'm not sure the free apps would be as fancy and allow you to block all the same things.

0 Likes