Data Problems...
haleykittie98

Whenever I go to turn my data on only for a certain app, it turns most of them on. When I try to turn the data access off for certain apps, it just turns them on again when I exit out of settings. It's eating up my data like crazy. Also, most of the time when I turn the app's( the one that I want to use) data on and go to the app, it says that the app won't work because my cellular data is turned off, when it most definitely is turned on.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Problems...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

haleykittie98, we want you to be able to use your data when you want to. To clarify the apps, are you turning them off and on in the celluar section? Do you know if FamilyBase is on the account? If it is, that could be a reason why your cellular data is turned off. Please keep us posted.
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
haleykittie98

I am turning them off and on in the cellular data section in settings. FamilyBase is not on the account. Everything was fine until a couple of weeks ago, then it started doing all this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting those settings to work as they should is important, haleykittie98. Let's get to the bottom of this. What model device do you have? Any changes to the device around the time this started, such as new apps or software update?

LynnD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
haleykittie98

The model number is A1349. I don't get anymore software updates on this phone, and I don't think there were any new apps put on it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hmm, not quite familiar with that particular model number. Would this be an Apple iPhone4? Do you currently have the device backed up? We can attempt to reset the device to factory defaults to ensure there are no software issues present. Take a look here to see how you can back up and restore your device http://bit.ly/12Gx0CA.

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes
haleykittie98

It is an Apple iPhone 4. I just backed my phone up now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

haleykittie98,

Excellent! Have you been able to attempt to reset the device now that it has been backed up? Give it a shot and keep us posted with your results.

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes
haleykittie98

In the reply section in settings, which option do I choose?

Reset all settings, erase all content and settings, or reset network settings?

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

a total wipe would be erase all content if you have a back up and then restore as new

0 Likes