I keep getting some mms group sms messages not downloading. Is this a problem with the phone or the network? I have a Galaxy S6 and using google hangouts as my messaging app.
evillela2001

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I keep getting some mms group sms messages not downloading. Is this a problem with the phone or the network? I have a Galaxy S6 and using google hangouts as my messaging app.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

evillela2001-

Having your messages up and running is imperative as I know how important this is for you. What zip code are you in and when did this issue begin? Have you tried restarting the phone? Please keep us posted.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I keep getting some mms group sms messages not downloading. Is this a problem with the phone or the network? I have a Galaxy S6 and using google hangouts as my messaging app.
evillela2001

My zip is 92154 but this issue has happened in other areas as well. I've restarted my phone a few times already but I still get the same issue.

0 Likes
evillela2001

Sorry this issue started about 2 weeks ago

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying. When you get these messages, does your phone show 3G or 4G? Are you not able to receive any messages or are they not receiving from specific users? What happens when you send a picture message to yourself?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
evillela2001

It does show the 4g symbol. It's very random as to when I get the error and it's happened from various contacts. Even when I try to download it after I get the error it just doesn't download. As far as I know I have no issues sending messages although I have noticed it takes a little longer to send messages sometimes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The details you’ve provided are immensely helpful, evillela2001. Another setting to take a look at is the Hangouts version.  Here’s how to find out the version number. http://spr.ly/6586By696 . If it is lower than 4.0, then follow the “how to update” steps. Keep us in the loop with your findings.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
evillela2001

It is version 4.0.100406486. It should be up to date.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for double checking, evillela2001. If the same person sends you the message as a MMS instead of group message, are you able to download the content? Have you had the opportunity to try another messaging application to see if the same issue occurs? We offer a free app called Verizon Messages www.vzw.com/verizonmessages that allows some awesome options.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
evillela2001

It sporadically doesn't download mms messages regardless if its group or single message. I've tried the Samsung messaging app and it still doesn't download.

0 Likes