Removing a Messages Device from Windows Phone
JShinevar

I recently decided to use the Messages+ application on another computer.  I was told that too many devices are on my Messages+ account and I need to remove one.  I'm sure that an old computer or two are on there.  I want to remove them, but I can't from Windows Phone.  How to I remove devices that are connected to my Windows Phone line?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Removing a Messages Device from Windows Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JShinevar, you’ve reached the right place for help today. I have been a victim of the “too many devices connected” bandit too so I know what you’re going through right now. No worries! Easy fix. If you can follow these steps, it will allow you to remove the devices so you may log in on the ones you choose: http://spr.ly/6583BHIF1

If you can try this information and keep us posted on the outcome.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JShinevar

This solution does not work.  The link you provided shows how to do it on an Android device.  My device is a Windows Phone, which is why I put this in the Windows Phone forum.  This option does not exist on Windows Phone.

0 Likes
Re: Removing a Messages  Device from Windows Phone
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

All the instructions for Windows phones say to use the desktop app on a computer to manage devices.  Can you go into Messaging via MyVerizon and delete devices from there?  Not the app on the desktop, but actual web messaging directly from your MyVerizon login...

0 Likes
JShinevar

Do you have a link I can try?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JShinevar, my apologies that I didn’t explain further. No worries! To clarify what the instructions above were stating,  with the link I sent, that was for use when logging into the application from your my Verizon account. As SuzyQ is correct, yuou manage your Verizon Messages application through My Verizon. The link I presented above will allow you to remove the devices. Can you try to log in to My Verizon and in the " I want to " search box, type " send a message" to be directed to the Verizon Messages site.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes