when when when when when is the Note 4 getting 5.1.1?
ellimor
Enthusiast - Level 2

When in the world is the Note 4 getting the latest Lolipop 5.1.1? The issues from 5.0.1 are getting ridiculous. 

Labels (1)
Re: when when when when when is the Note 4 getting 5.1.1?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ellimor,

It's definitely important to have your phone working awesome. Nothing has been announced about a new update for the Note 4 but you can watch for the latest updates at http://vz.to/14Y5fXy. We're glad to help with any issues you're having. What issues have you had with your phone?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
inntheboat
Enthusiast - Level 3

If it's important to have our phones working awesome, then Verizon needs to approve the 5.1.1 update. Sprint's Note 4 users have had it for almost a month. (Rumors are, by the way, that their update makes their phone feel like new.)

My biggest issue is lagging (especially the Recents menu). I've factory reset and that doesn't fix it. I'm afraid only the 5.1.1 update will fix that.

Thanks for the Twitter handle, but your responses there aren't any better.

Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

If they make your Note 4 feel like new, then you wont BUY a Note 5 which is what they want you to do.  They brag so much on the Note 5 that it is so great.  The did the same thing to the Note 3 when the Note 4 came out.  They let that phone work great until the new one came out and then they broke it.  Been there, done that and not getting fooled again...

0 Likes
Neverthehero

If it makes you feel any better, the $144 Galaxy Core Prime got Lollipop 5.1... It's them selectively doing updates for doing updates.. It appears that no manner of begging or asking for it does any good. As many forums as been made for it. Who knows why Note 4 users get left behind.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung is slated to release a sizable update in the coming month in order to address some security vulnerabilities in Android. This update, so I've heard, should be bringing the performance improvements and bugfixes. I'm hoping it is delivered to Verizon and pushed quickly.

0 Likes