Switched phones to Galaxy S4, suddenly Messages /Integrated Messaging Service fails
ratebeerjoet

I use Windows Messages app and the iPad app with Verizon integrated services to receive messages from my phone. My iPad does not have Verizon service.

I recently switched phones at a Verizon store and came home to find my iPad and Windows Desktop machine no longer receiving my Verizon messages. I uninstalled and reinstalled the apps multiple times. This didn't help. The error I am getting on both devices right after installing and providing my mobile number in the startup pane is "Sorry, Integrated Messaging service is only available for Verizon Wireless numbers."

I saw some web discussion that Verizon was cutting off prepaid accounts from this service and was using device changes to cut off customers. Is this true?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switched phones to Galaxy S4, suddenly Messages /Integrated Messaging Service fails
Not applicable

Hi there,

I don't know if the 'prepaid' limitation is a new change, but prepaid accounts are not eligible for Integrated Messaging service.

0 Likes