beener54

i have tried other settings, no luck

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: my sent text messages are all garbled
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

beener54,

Let's get you back to enjoying your texts! This certainly is an odd issue. Could you please provide more details. Do you see these messages garbled on your end or are you recipients letting you know that they are garbled? What model phone are you using? Do you use different language keyboards?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: my sent text messages are all garbled
ItalianGem

Beener54...hi! I had the same problem. Let me assume that you are using, or the recipient of your text messages is using a "basic" phone. With "basic" phones, sometimes if emoticons (happy faces, etc) are used within a text message, the text message will be very garbled and almost unreadable. I am on iPhone 5 and was sending a friend who uses a "basic" (dumb) phone text messages. When I used cute little emoticons the text messages became very garbled. Once I eliminated them, her text messages came in with no problem. I am not talking about symbols like this:   :-).     I am talking about actual emoticons like this: 

If you are sending text messages to a basic phone, eliminate the emoticons. If someone is sending you text msgs and you are receiving them garbled, let that person know not to use emoticons in text msgs to you. Hope this helps.

0 Likes