pre paid roaming
Froido
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a pre-paid plan.  When in a pre-paid roaming area I can not make calls.  What happens is that if I call a number, ia  recording answers and says to re-enter the 10 digit number I called.  I do so, then there is a busy signal.  How can I make a call?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: pre paid roaming
Snn5
Legend

You must have enough funds in the account to cover the .20 min/.25 text charge when roaming.  So, you need money in excess of the monthly cost ($45/$60) to cover extra charges.

0 Likes
Froido
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, but that is not the problem.  My account has over $70 in it.  I have a two or three bar signal.

I have a pre-paid plan.  When in a pre-paid roaming area I can not make calls.  What happens is that if I call a number, ia  recording answers and says to re-enter the 10 digit number I called.  I do so, then there is a busy signal.  How can I make a call? 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like you need to dial *611 to have a rep look at the account and make sure the system knows there's money in the fund.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your pre-pay phone working correctly, Froido. While roaming it does require dialing 1, plus the area code, and the 10 digit number. If dialing this way does not work, please contact our pre-pay team at 888-294-6804 so they can investigate further.

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If the instructions are to dial 10 digits, then 123-456-7890 would be the format, however, if one must dial 1 before the 10 digits, the instructions given over the phone are incorrect making it an 11-digit number, and if one follows what you say, then it is a 14-digit number.

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

While roaming it does require dialing 1, plus the area code, and the 10 digit number.

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes