Do I have to unregister my network extender?
jbiz716
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there an official process to unregister a network extender from an account?  I sold mine and I want to make sure the new person is going to be able to easily use it just like I did.

Customer service said all I needed to do was delete my secured configurations,....  And I figured since the network extender is defaulted to open access, it would be straight forward as long as the previous owner gives notice to Verizon.  But now I'm reading some people are can't get their signal booster working if the device had already been registered to another account?

Does anyone know if there are any issues with re-registering a network extender on a different account?  Any feedback is much appreciated.

thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unregistering Network Extender.
Snn5
Legend

You can call Verizon and let them know, but I don't think that's really needed.  Once it is sold the new owner can call Verizon to register, activate, link to account etc...It's just like a phone in that regards. 

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

You can call Verizon and let them know, but I don't think that's really needed.  Once it is sold the new owner can call Verizon to register, activate, link to account etc...It's just like a phone in that regards. 

jbiz716
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the info!