How do I stop my device from vibrating constantly?
LDaft
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone went through a recent software update. Now, it vibrates once about every 30 seconds. I have cleared caches and did a system reboot to no avail. So frustrating. Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S6 recent update
LDaft
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke to tech support and was able to correct the problem.  This may also work work other glitches people may experience due to the update or due to random idiosyncrasies.

Go to settings

Go to backup and reset

Press reset settings>you will not lose anything resetting your settings.  You'll only have to redo your wallpaper.  This may help for your phone becoming a battery hog since the update to.

I don't know the name of the tech but he sure was on his A-game and had my issue fixed in 5 minutes!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LDaft, you came to the right place and let's look into getting this issue resolved. Does this happen when you have the phone connected to the charger? Just to clarify, did you do a factory reset? 

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Aiyeee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact same problem with my S6.  It is very annoying.  I'd appreciate if you could pass along the fix when you get help from Verizon. Thanks.  Ray.

LDaft
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. It happens 24/7, whether on charger or not and did not happen prior to the update. I did not completely wipe out down to factory reset as all of my apps, including password saver would be wiped. I held the volume, home and power buttons at the same time and erased caches. No effect. I'm hugely disappointed and ready to pitch this phone over the back wall. Please help. These kind of perpetual problems from software upgrades makes me never want to do them and that stinks. It shouldn't be that way. Thank you and I'm hoping you'll have a solution without having to factory reset.

0 Likes
LDaft
Enthusiast - Level 2

I forgot to mention, while in the screen where I got to using power, volume and home keys pushed at the same time, I did do the phone reboot task. No help.

0 Likes
Aiyeee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think we've been doing similar searches for help.  I saw that post elsewhere to clear cache and do the 3-button reset.  I wasn't ready to do a factory reset them, a few days ago, but I'm getting ready to do that.  I'm backing up my phone using the Verizon cloud app and once complete was going to reset and reinstall all my stuff, however I note that this didn't work for you ... but it's my last resort before contacting VW again.  Good luck on your end.  I'll let you know what happens.

LDaft
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really appreciate that and am relieved that it's not some anomaly only happening to my phone! I did everything I could find except a factory reset. I even turned off the vibration and put the level to zero for alerts to no avail. I timed it and it seems to be consistently vibrating one time about every 55-60 seconds. I'll keep you posted and thank you for the same!

0 Likes
Aiyeee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Some great news!  You might not need to toss your phone after all.  I did a reset following instructions from the gottabemobile site ... sorry, it won't let me paste the link on the VW forum.  Essentially, it's a factory reset but you get to keep all your data and apps!  I did this last night and presto, that annoying notification has stopped.  I'm still on 5.1.1 too so I guess there was some hiccup during the installation of that update.

After the reset, literally, all I have done is to change my wallpaper and it's now exactly the way it was!  I'm happy again with my phone.  Give it a shot and good luck.

0 Likes
LDaft
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, hello?

0 Likes
LDaft
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's awesome! Okay I will try it now too.....thanks for the info!

0 Likes