How do I stop a "backup canceled" error?
trixiedrew
Enthusiast - Level 3

Keep getting error message flashing on screen! "Warning. Backup canceled. Make sure you have a data connection and try again."

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup canceled on S6
Kbhmd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called customer service. Suggest that route. I did settings-storage-clear cache. Then I had to do settings-back up and reset-reset settings-restart phone. I then had to turn off my phone, then hold up volume key and home and same time, add in power button and you get 'recovery booting'. Then let go of all 3 buttons. Use down volume button to scroll and select clear cache partiton using power button. Then you select the recovery reboot option (it will be highlighted already at the top, select with power button). Then the phone will restart but you won't lose anything except your background photo will go back to default. He then had me go into cloud app, delete cache then delete data. I then restarted my phone. Then I updated all of my apps. I set up VZ protect app (already on your phone, red box with shield) and had it scan for viruses. When my apps are done updating I have to restart the phone and then it will all be done. Rep told me to clear cache on my phone a few times a month to keep this from happening. Hope this helps!!!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

trixiedrew,

Look no further help is here. Let's put an end to that error message. When are you seeing that error message? Does it appear when accessing a certain app or function on the phone? Are you using any apps to backup your phone?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kbhmd
Enthusiast - Level 2

My s5 is doing the exact same thing. Doesn't matter if I'm just looking at the home page with all of the apps closed or if I'm trying to use my phone. It literally has popped up 5 times while trying to type this message. I hate this phone so much. Please help me.

0 Likes
Kbhmd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please let me know if you find out how to fix this. It's so annoying.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kbhmd - That sounds so frustrating. Let's get it fixed asap! Have you recently upgraded the Operating System on your phone? You can check the version by going to Settings> About Device > Android Version

NicholeK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kbhmd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I updated the system on the 14th of this month and just started receiving

these messages yesterday. I am on Android version 5.0. I'm not connected to

WiFi when this is happening and do have cellular data on, so I don't think

that's the issue. What can we do?

On Aug 20, 2015 10:08 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

Kjoarcik
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue with S5...following this...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, let's get this taken care of for you, Kjoarcik.  We don't want you to have anymore error messages. What backup application are you using? Does it happen on wifi?

ZangY_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kbhmd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called customer service. Suggest that route. I did settings-storage-clear cache. Then I had to do settings-back up and reset-reset settings-restart phone. I then had to turn off my phone, then hold up volume key and home and same time, add in power button and you get 'recovery booting'. Then let go of all 3 buttons. Use down volume button to scroll and select clear cache partiton using power button. Then you select the recovery reboot option (it will be highlighted already at the top, select with power button). Then the phone will restart but you won't lose anything except your background photo will go back to default. He then had me go into cloud app, delete cache then delete data. I then restarted my phone. Then I updated all of my apps. I set up VZ protect app (already on your phone, red box with shield) and had it scan for viruses. When my apps are done updating I have to restart the phone and then it will all be done. Rep told me to clear cache on my phone a few times a month to keep this from happening. Hope this helps!!!!