Phone cycling on and off when not plugged in.
Amjoish
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone had started cycling on and off constantly unless it's plugged in. It holds a charge just fine because it will do that for hours before there is no power left.  It must be plugged in at all times just so it will work. Why is it doing this and how do I fix it? I just bought my phone in March..ish and it's been doing this for a few weeks now.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone cycling on and off when not plugged in.
joecaro
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just my three cents.

I had the same problem and guessed it might be a battery problem.  I took out the battery and reinstalled it.  No help.

When I tried a different battery the problem went away.  Until that battery got a few months of use, then it repeated the same problem.  Changed to another battery and again the problem went away.

Seems to have solved the problem for me, but I now fear I need to keep a supply of new batteries on hand to stay connected, an expensive proposition.  What IS the life expectancy of these batteries, anyway?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to keep your phone as reliable as the network, Amjoish. Did this start after installing new apps or updates? Does the device show any physical or liquid damage? TRy starting the device in Safe Mode to see if the performance stabalizes: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-111483/
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Amjoish
Enthusiast - Level 2

I restarted in safe mode and it still didn't work when I unplugged the

cord. I don't know what else to do.

On Aug 19, 2015 5:09 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Amjoish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also there is no damage to my phone water or otherwise. In quite careful

with it. I deleted any apps that were relatively new and nothing changed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying those steps out for us. The next thing to do will be a full back and factory reset of the device. Here are links to help you:

Backup: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-cloud/

Reset: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-99541/

Once it is done, take it off the charger and let us know what happens.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Amjoish
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did the reset and it didn't change anything. It's still cycling on and

off when it's not plugged in.

On Aug 23, 2015 10:55 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying that out. We would like to access the phone and perform some diagnostics. Please reply back to the private message I am sending you.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Amjoish
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK. This private message or is it somewhere else.

On Aug 27, 2015 11:37 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're replying on the public VzW Community Forum.  The private message that the VzW rep referred to should be in your forum Inbox.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

To Reply in Private if your on the Verizon Forum's Main Website use your Mouse hover over the Verizon Avatar click to follow once approved then you can send ChristopherM_VZW  a Direct Message in response to your Question"

0 Likes