This past week, my Galaxy S4 April 2015 update was found missing from my phone; Samsung tech support personnel (who installed all the Lollipop updates about a month ago) could not see the missing update. Why?
cgd1947

Try this.  Go to Settings.  If you have tabs at the top of the screen (e.g., "Connections," "Device," "More," "All") then you are missing a Samsung update that was released April 2015. 

I struggled for more than two months with poor signals, no signals, and lost data connections. 

I spent more than 6 hours on the phone with Verizon support personnel. 

Nothing worked.  Until someone in "Tier 2" of Verizon tech support identified the problem.

Why did it take so long?  Did Verizon deliberately withhold this update, to frustrate Galaxy S4 owners and force them to upgrade to a newer phone?

0 Likes
Re: This past week, my Galaxy S4 April 2015 update was found missing from my phone; Samsung tech support personnel (who installed all the Lollipop updates about a month ago) could not see the missing update. Why?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your diligence is admirable, cgd1947.  Thank you for taking the time to speak to not only Verizon Tech, but also the techs at Samsung.  According to my resources for the Galaxy S4 the tabs at the top of settings have been in place as far back as the KitKat OS. So it’s definitely strange to not have that after Lollipop was installed.  We do periodically push updates to devices, and to keep up with the latest details, feel free to use our Advanced Devices - Software Updates page. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes