My Moto X 2013 still doesn't work properly wit Wi-Fi. I still have to completly power it down to connect to Wi-Fi when I leave one location for another. It doesn't seem like there is much support from Verizon,
jonit41

My Moto X 2013 still doesn't work properly wit Wi-Fi. I still have to completly power it down to connect to Wi-Fi when I leave one location for another. It doesn't seem like there is much support from Verizon,

Maybe Lollipop will correct? But that may never come.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Moto X 2013 still doesn't work properly wit Wi-Fi. I still have to completly power it down to connect to Wi-Fi when I leave one location for another. It doesn't seem like there is much support from Verizon,
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I never had an issue with the wifi radio on a Moto X 2013. Is it always the same router? Do you normally leave the wifi radio on all the time? Secured or unsecured wifi networks?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: My Moto X 2013 still doesn't work properly wit Wi-Fi. I still have to completly power it down to connect to Wi-Fi when I leave one location for another. It doesn't seem like there is much support from Verizon,
jonit41

I have only one router at home it has a password.

When I go outside and lose the signal and then go back in. I have to completely power off and then on, at which time I regain wifi.

If I go to my sons house to get his wifi, I have to power off and then on again to get his password protected signal. When it comes back again it remembers everything.

0 Likes
mgebiz

I am having the same problem.  The only thing that changed recently for me was that i changed my plan to the new Verizon plan.  It is a pain to keep having to reboot.  Have you updated anything lately?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the security protocol on the router you are having trouble with? WEP, WPA?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jonit41

My home protocol is WPA2 PSK.

However, I have the same problem when I go anywhere else and use someone else's wifi.

It maybe a problem for longer than I thought. I have a strong enough 4g signal that I first noticed the problem when I downloaded and thought it should have used wifi.

0 Likes
jonit41

I have not knowingly downloaded anything that should have caused this problem.

My home wifi security protocol is WPA2 PSK. However the same thing happens anywhere I go and use different WiFi's

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've come to the right place . Help is here. Any changes with the p[hone software recently? Have you forgotten and re-added the wifi networks you use? This could also be an issue with the SIM card itself. Are you having any trouble over the cellular data network?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RReuther
Enthusiast - Level 1

I seem to have the same problem. It just started out of the blue. The WiFi is working only after power up. It also effects the WiFi tethering. I think it was about the same time when the problem first occurred.

0 Likes
RReuther
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also. I just restarted the phone into safe mode. When turning on WiFi, it didn't see any networks. After a power down, WiFi came up right away and connected to my router with functioning internet connection.

0 Likes