Current Update available?
MelindaCST

For the last several days I have had notice for a Software Update Available.  I attempted to install it once by mistake, but it did not go through.  After the fiasco earlier this year with 5.0, I really want to know exactly what this update is and what it will do (and what problems may come up from it).  I cannot find out anywhere exactly which update this is.   It says estimated time to load is 9 minutes. It says learn more online yet it doesn't give any information other than it's for security patches. When I google update it  looks like 5.1.1 has started to be rolled out.  Is there a way to determine what this update is before I install it?

0 Likes
Re: Current Update available?
mama23dogs
Legend

IT might be the stage fright patch.   This is a minor update.  Mine took only about 10 minutes to complete.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it said it was a security issue & remains at 5.0..

0 Likes
paul1701
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have two (unrooted) S5 phones. Mine is still at G900VVRU1BOC4. 

The other went through two OTA updates in last 2 days - first to G900VVRU2BOE1 then G900VVRU2BOG5. I assume but the two go together.  As others have reported the OS remains at 5.0. I am seeing reports that this fix did not resolve stagefright but I have not verified. 

fyi - http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/benefits-galaxy-s5-8-10-15.pdf

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

That is what I heard also.   I just don't have anyone sending me video by MMS

0 Likes
RetchedOne
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's not 5.1.1  We will be lucky if Verizon releases 5.1.1 for the S5 this year. They do not care about last years phones (S5). They only care about this years flagship phones (S6) and their line up of droid phones.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Not totally true.  My LG G2 was well over a year old and older than the S5 when 5.0.2 came to it in March 2015.  And, rumor is it will get another update and may skip 5.1 and go to M.  BUT, that's speculation and up to the Manufacturer, LG in this case.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

what lg  does isn't a requirement for samsung.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You might have missed my point.

0 Likes
seadooman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone tried S-Voice yet? The last update removed the handsfree notification of a text message.

0 Likes