WiFI Calling - PLEASE!
Boatguy54
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, can you please implement WiFi calling to make up for the crappy coverage in my house?  I've bought the Samsung "network extender" and it's a poor bandaid that is also unreliable (half my calls result in "can't place call as dialed" and have to be redialed).

I know you like to play catch up with AT&T, so now it's time to catch up.

Since we're all going off our contracts sometime in the next two years, it's time to offer a competitive service.  WiFi calling is an incentive for me to switch back to AT&T.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WiFI Calling - PLEASE!
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

In the mean time you can use plenty of free apps to make calls over wi-fi.

View solution in original post

AnthonyArmato
Contributor - Level 1

We REALLY didn't need ANOTHER thread on this. SEARCH !

Re: When will Verizon enable wifi calling?

Boatguy54
Enthusiast - Level 1

You're entitled to your opinion.  My opinion is that you can't throw too much wood on this fire.

Verizon_Customer_Nort
Enthusiast - Level 2

Totally agree. I have been looking at other options already, most notably Sprint. Now that AT&T offers this as well I may take another look at them also.

I like Verizon's rural coverage, but their lack of coverage in buildings (most notably, my office) has gotten to the point of being unacceptable.

I have read recent statements from Verizon (recent FierceWireless article posted on another thread) that there is still an intent to do this in 2015, but it would be good to get some form of verification on this so I do not switch companies prematurely.

Godslayer333
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't know if Verizon saying they'd get wifi calling was a rumor or they publicly said it or what , but if they haven't caught on to the fact that people WANT it, that many of of us have shitty service, but still pay out the ass for Verizon, they better be working on getting it, seriously. Make noise and let your voice be heard, poop on the ceo's front doorstep, something! They make enough money every year to buy a country, and they certainty ain't using it to fix my shitty DSL, or home phone, so they better be putting it towards improving cell service.

I've wanted to comment on one of these wifi posts so bad for so long, but i can never usually never log into this goddamn backward ass site. Got to enter my username, type in 2 different passwords and then get a pin texted to me, run outside and try to find cell service to get that pin, run back inside and find out the page timed out, so i have to enter in all my information again, finally get logged in, and then find out I need a second separate account for posting on the community pages. Whomever designed this mess needs a full lobotomy.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

In the mean time you can use plenty of free apps to make calls over wi-fi.

tryingcake101
Enthusiast - Level 2

No - we need several of these threads until they get the message

tryingcake101
Enthusiast - Level 2

"

Totally agree. I have been looking at other options already, most notably Sprint. Now that AT&T offers this as well I may take another look at them also."

Sprint and AT&T are now offering this?  Woot!!  When my contract is up in February - I will be moving.

Thank you for the info!!

0 Likes
grayrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told yesterday, by a Verizon customer rep, that as of yesterday wifi calling is being offered now on Verizon. I just can't find any information on how to enable this on my phone. (iPhone 6s).

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you read the other threads instead of making new ones. You would know the answer. It's not about fueling the fire, but reading the information available already...

The FCC has not approved Verizon to use Wi-Fi calling. AT&T recently got approved like 2 weeks ago. Both carriers submitted their requests early last year. Verizon is doing limited testing through their messenger + app for iOS. So until the FCC gives them the green light they can't do anything about it fully. Pressure the FCC to hurry up and give the waiver.