IPAD and VW show plenty of data left, but won't connect because I need to purchase more data!
bikemusic

In the last month or so (July 2015), whenever trying to connect my IPAD to the internet using my verizon wireless "cellular data" plan, I've received a message that I'm out of data and need to purchase more.  When I go online (via another device) or call VW mobile broadband support, I'm told I have plenty of data.  So, the ACTUAL data status of my account is not be recognized by my IPAD when trying to connect via cellular data.

Yes, I've powered the device off and on several times.

Yes, I've turned the WiFi service off.

No, the device is not in airplane mode.

No, I'm not a novice user.  Quite the opposite.

No, I'm not going to power my IPAD down every day.  That hasn't been necessary for YEARS and I'm not going to start now.

No, I'm not going to turn my WiFi off every time I want to use my Cellular Data.  That hasn't been necessary for YEARS and I'm not going to start now.  NOTE:  Some apps actually need WiFi and Bluetooth to remain on.

I've made FOUR (4) calls to VW customer service (Mobile Broadband support), two of which I made after PURCHASING more time, which as it turned out was not necessary.  In both cases, that purchase was credited, but the problem was only resolved short term.

There is a SYSTEMIC issue here somewhere and I would appreciate someone at a senior or supervisory tech support level taking a look at this issue and figuring out what is going on. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IPAD and VW show plenty of data left, but won't connect because I need to purchase more data!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you have access to your services. Is this for a prepaid account? We want to make sure that we get to the bottom of this for you.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: IPAD and VW show plenty of data left, but won't connect because I need to purchase more data!
JoeInNYC

I have been having precisely the same problem.  Any solutions?

0 Likes
bikemusic

My issue has been escalated to Tier 2 tech support and had a NRB ticket and an I.T. Ticket with their "SMART" team. The only fix has been temporary and required them to close my account and open a new one. I've now had 23 calls over 4 weeks, most lasting over an hour. I'm now on my third new account and hoping it lasts. The problem appears to be a "low balance trigger" that sends a false low or no data signal and locks you out. On this last new account change, I've asked them to remove that low balance trigger from my account. None of these tech support people have been trained on this problem that apparently started when Verizon "enhanced" their system.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you working with us to have this resolved once in for all bikemusic. I do apologize for the experience and I too want to make sure you have a long term resolution. Is this a post pay or pre pay account? Did you receive the resolution of the ticket that was opened? If so, please provide us the details so we may further assist here.

JorgeO_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We might have a solution for you here JoelnNYC. If not, we can guide you in the right direction. Is this a post pay or prepay account? If prepay, please contact them at 888-294-6804. Please provide additional details so we may assist here.  

JorgeO_VZW

0 Likes
Helpmeplease21

I Have exactly the same problem. Can someone answer this problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure that things run smoothly with your iPad. How long has this been occurring for you? Is your account prepaid or postpay?
YosefT_VZW

0 Likes