Why do we continued to get
Jtrain118
Enthusiast - Level 3

[removed]? New BlackBerry Silver Passport and Verizon passes again on it. And before all you kool-aid drinking apple hipsters start bashing blackberry or their users, maybe stop and think that some people actually prefer functionality over popularity. There is not a better phone on the market that has the level of security, the capacity to function as a tool for business, and support;  than a blackberry.

Content removed as required by the

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why do we continued to get
RabidDFWSquirrel
Enthusiast - Level 1

BB10 is superior over iOS and android hands down.  I agree, there is no better device on the market than a blackberry.

0 Likes
blackopsjeep
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree 110%. I use a BB for the security while the rest of the world want the trendy garbage phones. I could care less about all the games and apps you can use. I along with 99% of other BB users are satisfied with our library of apps. And we can even use Android apps too. But I guess others don't care about security and being hacked. Unless you are NSA or some secret squirrel black ops unit, no one is hacking a blackberry although Androids and Apple devices are hacked every day. But when Verizon stops selling and supporting BB, I'll change carriers to one that does.

0 Likes
leewclark
Contributor - Level 1

I am also a loyal BlackBerry user.  I think their phones are fantastic.  Problem is BlackBerry does such a poor job advertising their phones they do not sell well in the states.  It also hurts that a lot of Verizon stores will not have demo models out so you can test drive them... At this point If you are buying a BBerry from Verizon you have probably played with somewhere and you know what you want when you order it on line.  It is really a shame...  

0 Likes
JackCarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has Verizon passed on it, as you say, or is it that BlackBerry has no interest in selling Passports using Verizon?  Which is it?  I'm not yet convinced of one or the other scenario.  The Passport Silver Edition is nothing more than a different color scheme on an existing phone, pretty as it might be.  The Passport does not come equipped with CDMA antenna/capability which is a necessity if you're on Verizon.  Hence the reason why Verizon does not carry this phone. 

I read that Verizon was not interested in the Passport because they weren't too keen on its configuration, the handset being peculiarly wide and unwieldy.  If that's the case, then it was Verizon's call, but if not...then did BlackBerry simply snub CDMA network carriers?  Who knows...

I have a Z10, upgraded from a Q10, and am a Verizon customer and admittedly a fan of BB10.  I would have bought a Passport in a heartbeat.  Unfortunately, my only upgrade path currently with Verizon is a Z30.  Again, whatever the reasons are for Verizon not carrying the newer BlackBerry handsets, it equates to this fact:  BlackBerry fans will eventually jump ship from Verizon to AT&T where they can get unlocked versions of their favorite BlackBerry handset and use AT&T's GSM network.

0 Likes
Galvand
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was actually told today by Verizon customer service that if it is unlocked. I can use it on the network. With that being said I told them the phone I wanted (Blackberry Passport) they said all they would need is the ICCID or a device ID and it would work on there network. Someone please enlighten me. Does this person not know what there talking about or is she right?

0 Likes
Jtrain118
Enthusiast - Level 3

They don't know what they are talking about. A) the passport doesn't have the band's to support the CDMA Verizon uses for Celluar service. If for some reason they did allow it on the network you would only to be able to use it as a tablet. Verizon did test the passport out but they passed on it and that's why Blackberry didn't build them to work with Verizon.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

Galvand
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well. In that case good bye Verizon. Hello AT&T. Thanks for the feedback.

0 Likes