Bluetooth not working properly
Laineybug24
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone connects to my car and makes Bluetooth calls but my music and audio books no longer play.  It's not just my car either.  It's happening on my Bluetooth speakers in the house.  Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bluetooth not working properly
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You will need to go the the Bluetooth settings then select the cog next to the bluetooth device and make sure that the check mark for Media Audio is selected.

Go here https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager and see if you can find your device on the map.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What device do you have? How long have you had it? Do you get any type of error message on the screen?

0 Likes
Laineybug24
Enthusiast - Level 3

Droid Ultra.  I've had it a little less than two years.  No error.  It looks like it's playing but no sound comes out the speakers.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried to forget the bluetooth connection on both the phone and the car and repair them?

0 Likes
Laineybug24
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes.  Since it's happening on multiple Bluetooth devices I assume it's a phone issue.  Reconnected Bluetooth, rebooted phone etc but still not working.  Should I just take it to the store?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can, but honestly you'd probably get more help from calling the tech department. While sometimes you can get someone who is able to trouble shoot at the store, it's very rare and they often will end up calling tech support or telling you to. I say skip the lines and go right for the source.

0 Likes
Laineybug24
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks.  I'll do that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to the rescue Laineybug24. I appreciate all the troubleshooting you have done so far. Put your phone on safe http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-83030/ mode and retry. Please let me know the results.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Laineybug24
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks so much for your help.  Unfortunately I think my phone heard my complaints and ran away from home 😞  lol.  I had to order a new phone yesterday so I won't need to troubleshoot anymore.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You will need to go the the Bluetooth settings then select the cog next to the bluetooth device and make sure that the check mark for Media Audio is selected.

Go here https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager and see if you can find your device on the map.

0 Likes